Wheel seal
02-14-2018, (Subject: Wheel seal ) 
Wheel seal
Hey guys I'm doing a wheel seal and needing to know what size socket I need for the steer and the drive axle to remove the hub's I have a 2010 prostar
replyreply
RE: Wheel seal
I don't know.
Many different chassis can be put under a given truck make. Also , used trucks may have been worked on and had original wheel nuts replaced. A big thing to note if you have begun disassembly is whether the nuts are 6 or 8 sided. Also inner and outer nuts can be of different diameters. Also steer and drive positions will likely be different. Give your vin to an international dealer and they may be able to help you get started. I had a few frustrations before finally getting the correct sizes for my truck and trailer.
replyreply
My Eaton-Dana rears take a 6-sided 4" hub nut socket and the hendrickson front end hub nuts on mine require a 6-sided 2.5" socket. I have also seen many that require an 8-sided 4.5" hub nut socket.

Like others have said. You just have to measure it and find out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
02-15-2018, (Subject: Wheel seal ) 
I'll measure it I never did seals but watched them put in for years I figure what it will cost at a shop it still be less buying the seal and socket and putting it in myself thanks gentleman
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.