Cummins ISX or Paccar MX
02-15-2018, (Subject: Cummins ISX or Paccar MX ) 
Cummins ISX or Paccar MX
Found a few 2015 Kenworth T680's with a mix of Cummims ISX 450 and Paccar 450 engines. All are around 450,000 - 500,000 miles. In this year which engine is more reliable and easier to work on?
replyreply
02-15-2018, (Subject: Cummins ISX or Paccar MX ) 
RE: Cummins ISX or Paccar MX
Go with the cummins.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
02-17-2018, (Subject: Cummins ISX or Paccar MX ) 
How many websites support the Paccar even 10% as well as this one does Cummins?
Easy Pezy.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard , dhirocz , Rawze , t700 , hhow55
02-17-2018, (Subject: Cummins ISX or Paccar MX ) 
Paccar is a 'corporate' engine...and as such, they couldn't care less if you could work on it. I would go so far to say that they stack the deck against you so you can't.

Detroit learned that lesson already. They don't want you to have wiring schematics, tools and whatnot. They want you to bring it back to them for everything. They don't want it so reliable and easy to work on that you won't bring it back...

I'm not saying cummins doesn't have that issue either, but this website is one of the best ways to get around this kind of corporate profiteering. These companies are finding new ways to use technology in a way to keep us reliant on them. At least I can work on my 871.

I haven't heard about the new X15 yet, regarding a proper delete, @m*m^2 or whatever. I heard that insite 7.6.2 won't communicate with it. That already makes it unlikely that I'll buy one...if I have to by a subscription to work on my own damn equipment!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , hhow55

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.