Haldex maintenance free slack adjusters?
03-19-2018, (Subject: Haldex maintenance free slack adjusters? ) 
Haldex maintenance free slack adjusters?
Spent the weekend doing wheel end service...replaced damn near everything on my steer axle, including kingpins. Boy that was fun! (Not)

So I got it all put back together, and the brakes adjusted. Everything looks good, and I took advantage of this time to replace some zerk fittings up front. I noticed my new slacks didn't have any like the oem ones did, but had a plug, so I popped them out, installed fittings and greased them up.

Of course tonight I decided to double check my adjustment so I check on haldex' website, and find out it's a maintenance free slack adjuster...which is why it had a hex plug. Oops.

Any issues running these things with a zerk and greasing them during my pm? I wouldn't think so...they do say not to use moly grease in them, which I am not...

By the way, pressure washing the bottom of your truck is a great way to make yourself an epic mess! At least it's clean though.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
03-19-2018, (Subject: Haldex maintenance free slack adjusters? ) 
RE: Haldex maintenance free slack adjusters?
It should be not be a big deal. You would've done it at some point in time when they stopped adjusting from lack of grease and road salt intrusion got to them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , dhirocz , gatow900

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.