Dpf delete pipe
02-17-2018, (Subject: Dpf delete pipe ) 
Dpf delete pipe
What is everyone doing to delete the dpf pipe? Does someone offer a delete pipe or do I just gut it? All help is greatly appreciated.
replyreply
02-18-2018, (Subject: Dpf delete pipe ) 
RE: Dpf delete pipe
Assuming you live on a country that allows such mods, the more "open" you make the exhaust of a Diesel engine, the more efficient it becomes. Also there is the matter of trapped heat in the exhaust. Anything that traps or reflects heat is bad too.

Moving the exhaust gas as consistently as possible down and out the exhaust is the optimum. this means that the whole exhaust system should be as close to 100% "Open" to the bare metal at the very least. No little 1" holes,.. no "pipe in the middle", no bulls$it of any sort or fashion. Otherwise, the reflected and/or trapped heat will take its toll on the turbocharger, and even the pistons and injectors.

It isn't "air" your trying to get to pass through that system,.. IT IS HEAT!. AND HEAT IS A DIFFERENT ANIMAL THAN AIR!!!!!!!!!. It will reflect at every chance it gets and that is a bad thing.

Anyone who would tell you less is a complete idiot and fool! and you should run like hell away from them and their shop as fast as possible!. It is a sign of someone NOT knowing what they are doing whatsoever. If they don't even know how the exhaust system works on a truck,.. They DEFINITELY don't know jack about engine programming or proper mods for such things either.

====

DON'T DO SOMETHING STUPID!!! - Don't have ANY kind of work like that done by ANYONE who has not been recommended by the top members of this site. - YOU WILL ONLY REGRET IT LATER AND FIND OUT THE HARD WAY that you got taken for all you were worth and left with NOTHING BUT SH$IT!

I would also suggest heavily that you install a pyro and boost gauge set + going through the engine to find out what exactly was wrong that caused all the DPF headache to begin with. Engine problems should always be solved either BEFORE, or during that type of process. + all the tune-up work needed like replacing the IMAP and exhaust gas pressure sensors, running the overhead valve adjustments, ensuring blo-by is not excessive, cleaning out the intake piping if it is sooted up, pressurizing the engine and intake system to check for leaks, performing injector leak-down and other tests, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55
02-18-2018, (Subject: Dpf delete pipe ) 
RE: Dpf delete pipe
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=27

Read this

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.