A real head scratcher !!
02-25-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
RE: A real head scratcher !!
Guys I understand something isn't right here, I get it im out of service. Turning down the rollers isn't the fix I KNOW. I thought this was a forum to ask questions and learn things.
replyreply
Those shoes are extremely thick. Makes me think they’re the q+ shoe. I know the s cam on my axle has deep recesses in the lobe to accommodate the thicker pads. That s cam isn’t set up for the thick pads. Maybe the shoes were put into the wrong box and they’re actually for a different setup?

This is what my s cams look like. Notice the difference in the depth of the lobes.
replyreply
Here's a pic of the driver side. Same shoes same cam, same drum.   
It's the top pic not the bottom one

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Now I am wondering if it’s a slack adjuster issue. Perhaps it’s binding internally preventing it from backing the s cam off completely?

Something has changed between the last time you did brakes and now. The spider looks to be fine from the pics. The only thing I can think of is a alignment issue of the cam. Which leads me to think the slack adjuster may be the culprit.

Like the saying goes, "Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
replyreply
The cam measures 4 1/4" from point to point. I suppose it could be the slack adjuster, I just figured it worked ok since it tightens and loosens and the internal ratchet isn't weak.
replyreply
This is as far as it will back off. Notice how it's tight against the bottom roller but not the top one. Seems suspect    
replyreply
I realize what a couple of you said , I get it and agree 100 % . But FINDING people that actally KNOW what the hell is going on and are good at there job , is a whole different animal , at least up here .maybe that's why he is not giving up and trying to fix the problem and trying to figure it out on here ..., is that not the whole point of this site . He is not turning a blind eye to the problem .
I have referred at least 3 poeple to certain people on here , that have give up because there are no return phone calls or texts , anything after 3 months of trying . So would you jump down their throats too? I am not mad about it , I understand it . Even you guys say you can't help everyone all the time . That's after I had a bad experience with them , does that mean everybody is , no. I Realize that's still the best chance they have .
Please don't take this the wrong way ...
This idea that a good shop is just around the corner is , well complete bullshit . Again the reason I believe their is rawze and this wonderful site .
The trucking gods give us rawze .... Lol
Thank you trucking gods ...

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
02-26-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
Tree98, compare the pic that nilo uploaded with the new cam. Nilos cam is a q+ or an eaton cam. Compare the thickness of the centre section on it to the pics you posted and youll see the difference. Ive seen kw line sheets wrong twice before with a parts listing and the dealer made notes accordingly. You might have to source the correct cam with measurements to fix this properly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link
02-26-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
(02-25-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  This is as far as it will back off. Notice how it's tight against the bottom roller but not the top one. Seems suspect
Seems like s cam not aligned with axle. You mention the s cam bracket was replaced. Check is it seats properly. The s cam end where is slack adjusters need to move toward the axle little bit.
./uploads/201802/post_1794_1519630490_7c4db29fc86a6b95e95c29b6e4fc2539.png
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.