A real head scratcher !!
02-19-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
RE: A real head scratcher !!
I didn't take any but I will later this week when I take it apart for about the 5th time. This has been going on for weeks. I've been trying everything I can think of but I end up having to put half worn shoes back on so we can use the truck. I spent all day today putting the new spider and cam bracket on, had to pull the hub, of course the seal was shot so I replaced that. I was convinced this would fix it, what a waste of a day.
replyreply
02-19-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
Sounds like your trying to put Q+ shoes on a s cam intended for regular q shoes. The centre section of a q S cam is significantly thicker than a q+. If you install q+ shoes on a regular q s cam the drum will not install as the shoes cant move together far enough. Learned that the hard way myself. Its hard to argue with steel, it just doesnt listen.
replyreply
02-20-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
1. - Have you taken any measurements of the metal parts of the old shoes and compared it to the metal parts of the new ones to see if they are exactly the same base? - Essentially eliminating the pad thickness from the equation to see if the new ones are the same design?

2. - Why not just go buy the drum that is supposed to match those shoes?

Just some thoughts.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Like I said..... I can take these brand new shoes and drums and put them on the driver side with no problem. It's not the shoes or the drum that are the problem. these are the correct parts for this truck.
replyreply
What starlight is saying someone may have swop s-cam the s part of it could be for a regular shoes and now that you have extended life shoe on it will not work. What shoes are you putting on it.... The newer shoes have 1" pads where as the older ones was like 3/4.... If you pull both sides off inspect and measure the other side s_cam
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
ima go with Q+ shoes on a Q s-cam - i see it alot. if you do it the other way around you get too much pushrod stroke, but the way everyone is saying they wont go together.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Like Starlight said it sounds like s Cam's might be different. Rawze is right on measuring things. You've already ruled out the hard way that the shoes in the drum go together. Now try the easy way and get your tape measure out and sing that Sesame Street jingle "one of these things is not like the other."
If you haven't owned this vehicle its entire life and know what parts you put on it. It's very possible someone else screwed up and slid in the wrong Parts sometime in its life.
replyreply
I had same problem once put all new brakes and drums on, last drum wouldn't go on went to opposite side wouldn't go on so I started measuring and brand new drum was warped enough that it would not go on so measuring every thing is good idea like other's have said good luck
replyreply
02-21-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
(02-20-2018 )Rockhwy Wrote:  I had same problem once put all new brakes and drums on, last drum wouldn't go on went to opposite side wouldn't go on so I started measuring and brand new drum was warped enough that it would not go on so measuring every thing is good idea like other's have said good luck

I can't even get the old drum to slide on. The new shoes are not Q+ here's pics.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.