A real head scratcher !!
02-21-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
RE: A real head scratcher !!
(02-21-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Brand new s cam bracket with new bushings and seals. New spider with a new anchor pin. I didn't change the cam, it's the same one that's been in it for 2 years. It looks fine by the way. I've opened 3 different boxes of shoes and all have the same issue. I've put these same shoes on all 3 other drive axle brakes with no problem. I'm almost convinced that the flange that the spider bolts to on the axle housing is bent. I don't know how that could be but there isn't much left to change! I'm gonna take it apart again this weekend and take a bunch of pics and post them. I'm having a buddy turn some rollers down on a lathe so I can put new shoes on this pile for now.

I can't even believe how much time and money I have into this ridiculous problem

If anything is bent spider,S cam bracket, axel flange it usually can be seen by looking down the frame rail and comparing it to the brake can if the can is straight with the frame all is good.

I think its the s cam that is wrong for the shoes like has been said before
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-20-2018,
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-21-2018,
RE: A real head scratcher !! - arch_stanton - 02-21-2018
RE: A real head scratcher !! - Unilevers - 02-25-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.