A real head scratcher !!
02-21-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
RE: A real head scratcher !!
Those are eaton brake shoes. They are as thick as Q+ shoes. You have an s cam issue. Check your anchor pin condition as well. Maybe post some close up pics of the axle / spindle and someone might see whats wrong.
replyreply
measure the distance of the center web of the s-cam - i know the difference i will tell you if its right.
replyreply
Can’t even imagine the frustration you are going through. It seems so simple, back off slack adjuster, pull drum . Install new shoes , maybe s cam bearings, inspect s cam and drum, done , easy Peasy. What are the odds that the cores were stretched?
replyreply
Brand new s cam bracket with new bushings and seals. New spider with a new anchor pin. I didn't change the cam, it's the same one that's been in it for 2 years. It looks fine by the way. I've opened 3 different boxes of shoes and all have the same issue. I've put these same shoes on all 3 other drive axle brakes with no problem. I'm almost convinced that the flange that the spider bolts to on the axle housing is bent. I don't know how that could be but there isn't much left to change! I'm gonna take it apart again this weekend and take a bunch of pics and post them. I'm having a buddy turn some rollers down on a lathe so I can put new shoes on this pile for now.

I can't even believe how much time and money I have into this ridiculous problem
replyreply
(02-21-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Brand new s cam bracket with new bushings and seals. New spider with a new anchor pin. I didn't change the cam, it's the same one that's been in it for 2 years. It looks fine by the way. I've opened 3 different boxes of shoes and all have the same issue. I've put these same shoes on all 3 other drive axle brakes with no problem. I'm almost convinced that the flange that the spider bolts to on the axle housing is bent. I don't know how that could be but there isn't much left to change! I'm gonna take it apart again this weekend and take a bunch of pics and post them. I'm having a buddy turn some rollers down on a lathe so I can put new shoes on this pile for now.

I can't even believe how much time and money I have into this ridiculous problem

If anything is bent spider,S cam bracket, axel flange it usually can be seen by looking down the frame rail and comparing it to the brake can if the can is straight with the frame all is good.

I think its the s cam that is wrong for the shoes like has been said before
replyreply
02-22-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
(02-21-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  ... I'm having a buddy turn some rollers down on a lathe so I can put new shoes on this pile for now...

If you have to turn the rollers down, and everything works as it should, then the only possible issue is the S-Cam.
If you DID NOT change the S-Cam, then some time in the past one incorrect one was installed, perhaps with a non-Q-Plus set of shoes, as I suspect based on the pic you posted. Once the shoes are worn telling the difference is difficult, because the wear hides the obvious.

In this photo you posted, these two spacings DO NOT appear equal. It would have been better to place the shoes roller end to roller end instead of roller to anchor pin end. It's darn near impossible to measure this from a pic, but an increase in length of this measurement would require Q+ S-Cams because the web portion of the Q+ is smaller, as stated by Unilevers. He has the web measurements of standard and Q+ so that is what I would verify.

The likelihood of a bent spider is very low. And if the spider was bent, that would cause shoe to drum friction face alignment issues, not diameter clearance/installation issues.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
02-25-2018, (Subject: A real head scratcher !! ) 
This is as far as it will go on

This is as far as it will back off,
It's only touching tight against the bottom roller    

Sorry the pics are turned
replyreply
Sure looks like your s-cam is shot... I can't tell if it's the top or the bottom roller is worn in to the s-cam more than the other. Are your shoes mounted on the anchor pins straight? Having the s-cam worn out like this won't let you back the rollers off as far as you have them. It's probably at this point backed off to far. Try cranking it forward a little and see if that allows you to slide the drum on.

If I remember correctly those Eaton brake drums were a tight fit. So if there was any mis alignment the drum was a pain to get on.
replyreply
I have a brand new cam and it looks exactly the same. The picture is a little deceiving. I had some rollers turned down 1/8", I put those on and the drum goes on about another inch or 2 but not even close to going all the way on.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.