Boost gauge on DD15
02-23-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge on DD15 ) 
Boost gauge on DD15
I was doing a little research on how to install a boost gauge in a Freightliner with DD15. Does anyone know where I can install it on the intake side?

Thanks!
replyreply
RE: Boost gauge on DD15

The factory boost and charge air cooler temperature sensor is located on the drivers side.
Located under the black metal cover in my picture, with the plastic wire loom coming out of the back and top of it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gsain
Rotate photo 90 degrees clockwise.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gsain
Is there a way to connect this directly to the gauge or do i need to take it out and insert the sensor for the gauge here? Also, I haven't bought a gage yet do you think i would be better off buying a pyro or something or should I ask the dealer for one.

Thanks for your response.
replyreply
The engine ecm requires this to be left alone, it needs it for its own use.
The data to read from this sensor is available on the J1939 data bus.
The fastest and cheapest way to read it would be to purchase a ScanGauge D. It will show boost and many other gauges that are on the databus.
https://www.scangauge.com/products/scangauge-d/
You could also just get a boost gauge from Freightliner, they just plug into the gauges databus daisy chain. But it may require the dealer to activate the gauge.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gsain , hhow55 , DLC , bossboy2 , Waterloo
That makes sense. Really appreciate for your help and time!
replyreply
02-24-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge on DD15 ) 
(02-23-2018 )uncleal13 Wrote:  The engine ecm requires this to be left alone, it needs it for its own use.
The fastest and cheapest way to read it would be to purchase a ScanGauge D. It will show boost and many other gauges that are on the databus.
You could also just get a boost gauge from Freightliner, they just plug into the gauges databus daisy chain. But it may require the dealer to activate the gauge.

I don't recommend EITHER of these solutions if you want acurate readings. There is much lag (almost 3+ seconds), it masks spikes and cavitation issues, and it is also not always accurate depending on how old the engine sensor is.

An after-market glowshift or other brand of boost gauge is my choice. They are much more responsive and will show you things the factory gauges cannot.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: gsain , uncleal13 , the missing link , MommaBurt , bossboy2 , Doublecoin , Waterloo
03-08-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge on DD15 ) 
Boost Gauge PN A22-62949-004 -$36.95
Ribbon Cable PN A06-41592-007 7in. - $26.09
Unfortunately, with all the people and mechanics/techs, Detroit Diesel, that I've talked with, nobody can tell me where a port is to connect an aftermarket gauge. I just bought these items from Freightliner and will be installing them first. If there is too much delay, I already have an aftermarket gauge and will drill/tap the intake venturi. If anyone knows of a port location, please share.

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply
03-08-2018, (Subject: Boost gauge on DD15 ) 
(02-23-2018 )uncleal13 Wrote:  The engine ecm requires this to be left alone, it needs it for its own use.

Uncleal13, is that the bus used for most eld's these days?

User's Signature: Dyin' ain't much of a living, driver. Put it down...it can wait.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.