suspension
03-16-2018, (Subject: suspension ) 
suspension
i have a 2011 pete with single rear drive axle , air ride suspension. i'm not sure what the name of the style , but it's a single spring anchored at front(bushing) then goes to rear end housing then through a series of bends and twists to end up anchored to the airbag. the two sides are not linked. problem is on pass. side. i can't get the spring to stay in place on the axle housing. there is no locator dowel to center it on (nor is there supposed to be?) so it keeps working its way over towards the outside.we've welded a stop in place and it has actually worn it almost in half. i'm not sure how far it will travel because i pull it back in place if it gets to about 3/8 gap. last time i let it go, it put the airbag sideways enough to bend the top plate and break out the plastic where the bolt goes thru the bottom.yes the bolts are tight.......cat tight + 100ft lbs. i have no idea how to tell if the spring is bent. there's hardly a straight section in it. what else could be forcing it over?it only goes out.even if it has developed a gap it is always pushed to the outside meaning it does not travel back and forth on the housing. constant pressure out. any thoughts?
replyreply
03-17-2018, (Subject: suspension ) 
RE: suspension
Maybe this helps...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid23993

It is a different rear assembly than yours, but may explain why it will not sit still. sounds like your spring could be bent and no longer matches the retaining block.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: layne

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.