Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy
02-28-2018, (Subject: Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy ) 
RE: Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy
Mine was the female side of the blade terminal was loose. It would work then wouldn’t then start working again. I used a pair of pliers to crimp the terminal down tighter and that solved my issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Hammerhead
03-21-2018, (Subject: Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy ) 
I haven’t had a chance to fix this yet. More recently I have noticed that when the engine brake miss is most noticeable that sometimes the engine seems to have a slight miss under power as well. Sometimes everything still feel smooths. It doesn’t seem to matter how warm the engine is or air temperature or what time of day. Most of the time the engine brake isn’t working properly. Sometimes randomly throughout the day it will just work like normal. The engine brake is normal above 1500 rpm, but at about 1500 and below it just starts acting up. The miss I’ve noticed more recently when giving fuel seems to be between 1200 and 1500. Is there anything that can cause a miss in the engine brake and under fuel, but isn’t there all the time? I have no check engine light on. I don’t think an injector would cause and engine brake issue, would it? I’m thinking maybe there’s a wiring issue somewhere, but have no idea where to look.
replyreply
Sounds like it could possibly be a sticky engine brake solenoid .

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Sounds like it could possibly be a sticky engine brake solenoid .

Is there any way to know which one if this is the case? I have one solenoid on hand I can change out this weekend. Do I just change one and see if that fixes it and then change the other if not? Thanks.
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )aaronb Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Sounds like it could possibly be a sticky engine brake solenoid .

Is there any way to know which one if this is the case? I have one solenoid on hand I can change out this weekend. Do I just change one and see if that fixes it and then change the other if not? Thanks.

There is a way to actuate them by hand with engine cover off and release them while watching the release oil to see if there is too much delay in their release or if the oil does not come out correctly. Not sure, I have not done this before, but i know that it can be done that way. Maybe Mr. Hag or someone can describe it better.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-22-2018, (Subject: Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy ) 
How do you remove the solenoids? Do they just pull out or is there some sort of retainer? It's a cm2250 with the solenoid with two terminals with the screws. Thanks.

I found the instructions on this now.
replyreply
04-22-2018, (Subject: Isx cm2250 engine brake choppy ) 
Just to update. I replaced the solenoid towards the front of the engine a few weeks back. The engine brake works great now. Thanks for the help.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.