Two speed fan clutch
02-24-2018, (Subject: Two speed fan clutch ) 
Two speed fan clutch
Anyone have experience running a two speed fan clutch. Putting a new fan clutch on and thinking of going this way. I don’t have a manual switch. This seems like a good alternative for idling and not cycling the fan on and off as much running the air conditioning.
replyreply
RE: Two speed fan clutch
At first I questioned the idea, now I embrace it on my truck. Dust free cruising in parking lots and most job sites, even with the ac on. The principal and engineering behind them is pretty smart. I have know idea of the replacement cost.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Magard
Here is another thread where this was discussed a while back. Maybe it is helpful too.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...7#pid16877

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I see Uniliever isn’t a fan of them. That’s good enough for me. Thanks.
replyreply
Don't use a 2 speed if you spend time in dusty areas or dont have a bug screen. Your radiator and CAC will be clogged all the time.
replyreply
I’m not getting this. My Fan just spins just enough to not raise dust and keep the a/c condenser from spiking pressure and kick the fan in on direct and cause a dust storm.
Being a California truck cold weather is pretty much a none issue.
With just an air activated clutch, using manual over ride before arriving to avoid the dust storm is a thing of the past.
Maybe I’m just lucky
replyreply
02-25-2018, (Subject: Two speed fan clutch ) 
Quote:Posted by redbeard - Today
I’m not getting this.

Quote:Being a California truck cold weather is pretty much a none issue.

Hahaha, I think you didn't get it until you posted the second statement. It's a cold weather problem. Almost all OTR guys would deal with this being a keeping warm issue at some point.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.