something getting loose in the drivetrain
02-27-2018, (Subject: something getting loose in the drivetrain ) 
RE: something getting loose in the drivetrain
Tree98 I sent you a p.m. Hopefully it helps. I would post what I sent him but they're direct links to a PDF file. If anyone's curious just Google Chalmers suspension bushing replacement. You will find the first couple links will help you.

Rawze, that is some spot-on work. I was actually referring to the 90's-2000's 9200 & 9400 series but its good to see that International just never fixed that problem. The pictures you show are the exact same problem we had back then. We figured it was the paint wearing off then dirt and grime getting underneath it over time. I figured the axle manufacturers painted the axle housing before they were bolted up to the chassis which that layer of paint would get rubbed off or vibrated lose allowing the dirt and crap to get between the saddle and the axle housing. We would just clean the seats up and put new shims in and new u-bolts. That problem was the same for every saddle on the truck. Including the steering. If anyone's wondering, that big torque wrench that Rawze's wife is holding is the only and correct way to install u-bolts. It is dirty and it is a pain on top of being painful and tiring. But running a u bolt down with an impact gun will guarantee it comes loose or snaps on you somewhere down the road. They must be torqued. A decent 3/4" torque wrench can be found for $250-$300 and will pay for itself by not having to do this job over and over and over and over again because the bolts were torqued unevenly or not hard enough or better yet way too far and they snapped so you have to replace them. Spend the money and the time and it will pay you back.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: something getting loose in the drivetrain - Chamberpains - 02-27-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.