Engine oil discussion
04-01-2016, (Subject: Engine oil discussion ) 
RE: Engine oil discussion
(04-01-2016 )schISM Wrote:  Just thought I'd chime in on my favorite oil. It is solely based on unscientific guesstimations based upon Internet factology. Anyways there's an engineer doing independent testing on oil (rat540 oil blog, good read if your bored) that pretty much said the zinc thing for heavy duty motor oil is outdated technology. He lists the best oils based upon his own tests and the chemical breakdown through an independent lab. Long story short Delo outperforms most other diesel specific oils conventional and sythetic. But what I found interesting was how poorly the diesel specific oils ranked with what you would buy for the gasser motors. So after seeing how high pennzoil ultra ranked and the decent price you could get it for at walmart I bought some for the colder months thinking I'd lose a little oil pressure but gain cold start pump ability. I was surprised that the ISM I put it in still maintained 38 psi at 210 degrees on the oil temp and still never got over 50 psi at 19 below. I switched back to delo in the spring and noticed my oil temp went up and mileage dropped. Well if you still reading your probably thinking, "Not my engine!" And that's ok I just thought I'd share some info.

Good info, and I am not ignoring... After having spent my morning reading up on this stuff, and many moments in between... I'll go with the additive package of the Delo. The truck is paid for, and a few extra gallons of fuel really does not matter to me, as I only drive a couple hundred miles a day... My concern is the motor, and keeping her healthy... And the Zinc, ZDDP is very important according to many sources, even though everyone argues about it... What I found interesting is the BORON and MOLY... The Delo has that covered, and are the company that discovered and developed it. Yes, I was really THAT bored on the shitter this morning... ;-)

I miss my Reader's Digest... LOL!
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Engine oil discussion - NewSon - 03-31-2016,
RE: Engine oil discussion - Waterloo - 04-01-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.