Isx turbo control
03-01-2018, (Subject: Isx turbo control ) 
Isx turbo control
I have an isx cm 870 and I can hear the turbo air control valve leaking air. I looked and they are expensive l found one on ebay for 500. The company is from Chicago avi is the name. Anybody know about them or where I can get a replacement valve cheaper then Cummins. Thank you
replyreply
RE: Isx turbo control
I don't recommend them. I have had 3 of them and all of them went bad. It's really shotty reman and repairs. I have 2 going back in the mail as of today. 1 for warranty and 1 for core. And thats over a 3 year period

Surprise!! Someones crappy solder job. I wonder why it would intermittently work?? Lets see if they hold up to their 1 year warranty.

Spend double the money but you get them brand new not Reman anymore from Holset.
Here is the part # I got for mine. Make sure you call and verify it goes on your application 1st. Also I think if you do an internet search you should be able to find these cheaper online. I paid $975 cause I needed while out on the road.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Mav , Rawze
Where is leaking from ? When is leaking?
Inlet port/fitting? Outlet port/fitting? Purge hole ? Cracked housing?
Plastic or aluminum casting housing?
How clean and dry is your air supply?
Mandated or demandated ? If demandated , is it right ?

If it seams to many questions to answer, there’s reason I’m asking for .

Rebuild for $500 or new from dealer for $800 or you replace couple o rings for few cents .
There’s no other option.
It all depends on what you can do . Or afford.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav , Chamberpains
I'm not sure what Mandated or Demandated would have any effect on this part.

I can tell you that you want to take extra care not to kink the air line going over to the turbo actuator. If it's kinked in any way or there is any kind of restriction you will not get proper air pressure over to the actuator. This module is quite sloppy in controlling the actuator. If the line is not absolutely clear the module will take the feed back reading from the module to the obstruction and will not adjust for when the air reaches the actuator. This leaves the turbo constantly at a different setting then where the ECM thinks it is. Fuel mileage and performance will suffer.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mav , Rawze
Bad demandated = Confused ECM = Confused actuator = more pressure/ less pressure = pushing/purging = Recipe for faster failure

Mandated =egr soot sucked from compressor . Add to that ; condense , oil in the air supply , neglected air dryer and so on = another recipe to “like it” .
You get the picture . I’m sure you know all of that , just didn’t click right away.
replyreply
I got it now Wiseman. Thanx. I imagine it would take a hell of a lot of soot for it to reach this valve. If you notice you have soot at the feed line then you have soot throughout your entire truck and every valve on the truck is compromised. You have major problems at this point and the valve not working is the least of them.

Just for general information. From what I've researched and checked myself these control valves run on 50 psi or so. The supply line if you trace it back should come from a regulator valve. On my International it comes from a "T" regulator valve(it also has the supply line coming off it to the auxiliary high/low gear box on the transmission) on the brake treadle valve. It's good to give this line a quick trace back and make sure the supply line isn't kinked or rubbed any where. I just found mine 2 days ago with the supply line kinked from where someone turned the regulator valve so the air line was pinched pretty hard. I'm guessing this was from when someone needed access to something so they twisted this out of the way and didn't look to see if the bound the airline up. All I can do is shake my head with all the problems I've had with these things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mav

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.