Turbo rebuild
03-01-2018, (Subject: Turbo rebuild ) 
Turbo rebuild
Rawze, you mentioned there was a place nearby that rebuilds ISX turbos? I am on my spare now and want to send in my original to get rebuilt and waiting on the shelf.

Also curious if there is any decent places that will also rebuild a compressor? Want to send in my old one to get rebuilt as well if there are better alternatives.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Turbo rebuild
This is the guy who Mr. Hag has been using. The guy does a lot of Holset work and claims to use OEM parts only.
https://www.facebook.com/YiyitoTurboService/

296 Wilson Rd (53.54 km)
30223 Griffin, Georgia
+1 787-675-1768

I went there and the guy seemed to know quite a lot and has a high speed balancing machine. Looks like he goes all out out with them. Can't vouch for the place but it seems promising so far.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , dhirocz , DosGatos , Toolguy
I'll give them a ring. I want to have a fresh turbo to hang on the engine when I finish it up this summer...

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
03-05-2018, (Subject: Turbo rebuild ) 
So today I took out line from turbo to air cooler and found oil in it. So my turbo seals are shot.
Went to 'peterbilt' to ask how my is the new reman turbo for my 2350. When he said price I thought its joke, but he said he is not joking.
New cummins reman (my turbo is smaller 450hp) price just for the turbo $5100. Actuator (reman)is $1100 . So $6600 total with taxes.
Two years ago same turbo with actuator price was $2500. He said cummins increased pricing in january 2018. Btw my truck has 430.000miles , @m*m^2, crankcase maintenance free filter.
I wish I get back my old detroit s60 , turbo cost only $800!

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Sergiu
Before you plunge,
Wipe it really good. Plug in your Insite and check intake pressure at idle . If none , bump it few psi and drive the truck . Then check again for excess oil . If ok it will buy you some time to find something cheaper .
replyreply
You might want to give those folks a call. I did, and they are quite a bit cheaper with a one day turn around. I asked all the questions I knew to ask and it sounds legit.

I'll be sending my spare out there to get done next time I run through. Apparently, they have the tools needed to check actuators as well. They will also high speed balance and clean it up all pretty looking and new...I'd bet Cummins doesn't exactly balance their remans very well (if at all)

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
Simon is your current actuator shot? I'd be reusing that till I found something more affordable.
replyreply
No my actuator is fine. Its only two years old. New actuator $1200.
Should I clean-flush charge air cooler? How its ussually done? Or should I leave like that?

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
Seems like cummins doesn't have standardized pricing across the board. Prices on parts for my cm870 are always cheaper at the kenworth dealer than they are at bridgeway cummins. Sometimes a LOT cheaper. Something fishy going on
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.