Turbo acuator code 2387
03-03-2018, (Subject: Turbo acuator code 2387 ) 
Turbo acuator code 2387
Well I have really screwed the pooch this time.I have know for some time now that I needed to get insite and laptop with windows 7.But With my computer illiterate self I have procrastinated myself into a bind.I am in Miami area and just finished my run and about 4 miles before our drop yard check engine light came on.checked and screan in dash says turbo actuator.code was 2387.Any ideas to how long it would take to get insite with inline 5 kit off ebay?Or any other ideas here in miami?Oh demandated truck also.what a shame it didnt do this 5 miles before my last trip to mr haggs

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: Turbo acuator code 2387
When you own a red engine, you want to work on it yourself, and want to be able to replace turbo and other tings,... A cheap laptop, Insite and an inline adapter is as important as any other tool you got.

--

Don't know these days but back a few years ago when I ordered mine off e-bay, it took about 4-5 days before I got it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
thanks I didnt know if one of these hong kong ones would take a month to get.Jerry said he was thinking of getting aptops and setting them up .i wish he had that done when i was up there 3 weeks ago i would have just said hey add it to my bill

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
when i get into taking turbo acuator off how will i know if is the actuator or the turbo with the 2387 fault code?

replyreply
(03-03-2018 )flonly Wrote:  when i get into taking turbo acuator off how will i know if is the actuator or the turbo with the 2387 fault code?

by following my video on turbo replacement and inspection...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
03-04-2018, (Subject: Turbo acuator code 2387 ) 
Also I found a good related video about installing a turbo actuator without having to use cummins insight to install and calibrate very good video ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbSnf5DTkzE
replyreply
I saw that video.I wonder if there is any truth to that.Putting it to 225 and just being careful putting it back on top of turbo.I know what rawze would say about that.Could i get by doing that for a couple weeks till i somehow get insite and laptop up and running.I am waiting till monday to see if i can find some road service that will be willing to come out and finalise putting actuator back on with there insite and just pay road service call and min how fee.Better than being down for 2 weeks

replyreply
(03-04-2018 )seldomseen Wrote:  Also I found a good related video about installing a turbo actuator without having to use cummins insight to install and calibrate very good video ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbSnf5DTkzE

If someone can come up with an official cummins procedure then I will support this but so far, I am coming up with a blank and there fore do not agree with this video.

Here is the official procedure...
https://quickserve.cummins.com/qs3/pubsy...rix13.html

It clearly shows that you must use the insite software for it to be done properly.

===

Getting one's self off the side of the road and no computer,.. I would try it,.. no harm if it gets you going. On the other hand, I would still remove the actuator later and get it calibrated correctly as soon as I could get it somewhere to get it done right though.

replyreply
I would call a road guy like you said. I think it needs to be on the computer before you mount it up. Then re run once it is on a couple times. Might just have to pay someone to put it on. Motivation to get your own computer I guess.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.