Oil in air drier filter
03-04-2018, (Subject: Oil in air drier filter ) 
Oil in air drier filter

Changed air drier filter- 2 years old.
Original compressor-845,000 miles.
Air tanks are dry.
Any reason for concern??
replyreply
RE: Oil in air drier filter
Yum butterscotch goop again. I just had one like that but mine was a lot older than 2 years.What made you decide to open it up now?
replyreply
(03-04-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  Yum butterscotch goop again. I just had one like that but mine was a lot older than 2 years.What made you decide to open it up now?

Time to change it. A lot of people say to change annually. I think I’ll start doing that.
replyreply
Yea the guys on here told me to change them before winter each year. I took mine apart because my air lines were freezing up. I put a piece of cardboard over the braided line that goes into the dryer from the compressor and ran it for a few minutes to see if there was oil on the cardboard. That would tell you if your compressor is losing oil into the air system. Mine wasn't so I'm guessing the goop was accumulated over years. In your case being only 2 years old you might want to dig a little deeper. I'm surprised your tanks are dry though.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.