the CM2250 Volcano ...
03-31-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
the CM2250 Volcano ...
The SCR system is well known to act up in the CM2250 and CM2350 engines. One of the big causes is the buildup of dried DEF fluid in the SCR dosing pipe. here is what the outside of the SCR pipe looks like...

./uploads/201604/post_2_1459477410_c85e855a7c685b464ebf4210d6c16633.jpg

Here is one that I saw today inside this same pipe I have circled in the above picture -- It was almost completely blocked on the inside of it ...

./uploads/201604/post_2_1459476069_4b3697606b2eeb4b3ec6158923c0496a.jpg

This guy had been to the dealer for low power, boost problems, Aftertreatment issues etc. etc.etc. -- they changed turbo and all kinds of expensive stuff... Repeatedly --- And they accused his DPF of being bad and cleaned it. Then they wanted to rape him for another $4500 for a new SCR can. ... He was at the end of his rope with it... so he took it to Mr. Hags shop .... All that was wrong with it was a leaky SCR Doser injector, clogging up his exhaust pipe almost completely. he also had an exhaust manifold gasket leak that was making for lower than normal boost too.

That is what you get when you go to the truck dealer to have your truck fixed. -- Everything but what should actually take place --- Actual troubleshooting!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , rrod , Pro Star Cummins , trucklogger2 , Punchy
RE: the CM2250 Volcano ...
just for reference that tube where the injector is is called the Decomposition tube (decomp tube). try that one on most certified mechanics and watch them all go "huh its what?"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2 , Kid Rock , Rawze , Signature620 , 2dlb , Punchy
Hi Rawze.
The second picture is it a dozer pipe or CSR can inlet? If you know part number for gaskets under dozer? Couldn't find Cummins in close proximity of highway. Volvo dealer parts guy understand in this same as I do read Chinese. Have to do this check coming Sunday but gasket is really bad.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
(03-31-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Hi Rawze.
The second picture is it a dozer pipe or CSR can inlet? If you know part number for gaskets under dozer? Couldn't find Cummins in close proximity of highway. Volvo dealer parts guy understand in this same as I do read Chinese. Have to do this check coming Sunday but gasket is really bad.

It is the part I have circled in the upper picture. The screen is in the middle of the pipe.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-31-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-31-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Hi Rawze.

It is the part I have circled in the upper picture. The screen is in the middle of the pipe.
Thank you. I was told to wash this pipe on regular basis like EGR tuning to avoid big problems.
replyreply
(03-31-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  just for reference that tube where the injector is is called the Decomposition tube (decomp tube). try that one on most certified mechanics and watch them all go "huh its what?"
Yeah have seen it day ago.
replyreply
04-01-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
What is the safest way to clean the screen and pipe? How often should it be cleanes to avoid problems?
replyreply
How do you get that crystallized urea out of there? It doesn't hose out with water does it? I'm thinking it is more like a calcium deposit, and will need some sort of chemical to remove, or am I off base on this? I tried google to find my answer and came up empty handed.

On a side note... I think politicians should all be forced to drive vehicles with these EPA systems in their POV's. To throw this technology that is no where near prime time at one of our nations most vital industries is criminal in my book.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , zero4 , Pro Star Cummins , Punchy
(04-01-2016 )jimeneztrans84 Wrote:  What is the safest way to clean the screen and pipe? How often should it be cleanes to avoid problems?
Decomposition pipe can be cleaned with pressure washer not submerging in the water .
replyreply
 Thanks given by: trucklogger2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.