the CM2250 Volcano ...
04-01-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
RE: the CM2250 Volcano ...
(04-01-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  How do you get that crystallized urea out of there? It doesn't hose out with water does it? I'm thinking it is more like a calcium deposit, and will need some sort of chemical to remove, or am I off base on this? I tried google to find my answer and came up empty handed.

On a side note... I think politicians should all be forced to drive vehicles with these EPA systems in their POV's. To throw this technology that is no where near prime time at one of our nations most vital industries is criminal in my book.

Profit from urea industry and distribution will cover all inconveniences. For small group of PPL of course.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Doublecoin
04-01-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
(04-01-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-01-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  How do you get that crystallized urea out of there? It doesn't hose out with water does it? I'm thinking it is more like a calcium deposit, and will need some sort of chemical to remove, or am I off base on this? I tried google to find my answer and came up empty handed.

On a side note... I think politicians should all be forced to drive vehicles with these EPA systems in their POV's. To throw this technology that is no where near prime time at one of our nations most vital industries is criminal in my book.

Profit from urea industry and distribution will cover all inconveniences. For small group of PPL of course.

Yes, a very small group of people... Like everything going on around us nowadays... Not the country I was raised in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz
05-08-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
Is it from a leaking diesel exhaust injector? And can the injector be cleaned or serviced.
replyreply
05-08-2016, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
(05-08-2016 )Bigcam3cummins Wrote:  Is it from a leaking diesel exhaust injector? And can the injector be cleaned or serviced.

I don't own one of these trucks with the SCR system, but from what I gather it is urea that is shot into the after treatment system that does not burn off and crystalizes over time clogging the pipe. But, a leaking urea Doser could do the same. These SCR systems do need to be inspected by removing the inspection covers periodically, that I do know. I would do this at every EGR tuneup and soot removal session on the truck at least once or twice a year. Remove the mandate and save yourself this headache.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: scottydogtruck
09-04-2017, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
I am also new to the DEF trucks but I know that def injector can be replaced, there was even a video I found but I'm too lazy to go looking for it right at the moment. I also heard this from a guy that his lines were clogged and they had to "snake" them to get the crystallized deposits out.
replyreply
09-04-2017, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
If you have Insite you can do a leak test on the whole dosing system. The pump will pressurise the lines and hold the injector closed until you stop the test.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , trucklogger2 , Waterloo , Rawze
09-05-2017, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
(09-04-2017 )Zusky407 Wrote:  I am also new to the DEF trucks but I know that def injector can be replaced, there was even a video I found but I'm too lazy to go looking for it right at the moment. I also heard this from a guy that his lines were clogged and they had to "snake" them to get the crystallized deposits out.

From what I have read, the entire unit needs to be periodically removed and power washed out. Glad I have an 871. And don't get me started on bitterly cold weather, I have driven these SCR trucks up in the oil fields of North Dakota, at least when they ran. That urea will freeze. Just saying.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-05-2017, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
I've seen a few trucks crack the urea tank when they put a remote breather on it and the hose running to the breather or the manifold the breather is screwed into blocks up after the urea crystallises.
replyreply
09-06-2017, (Subject: the CM2250 Volcano ... ) 
Dear Ex-wife.
I know you think I am the biggest POS on the planet, and quite frankly I'm OK with that.
I tried to do the right things, and I was sooooo pissed at you when you wouldn't let me buy a new truck after all the problems I was having with this one. I hated your guts for it, and truth be told I used your toothbrush to scrub my balls one night for revenge.
After reading this thread, I owe you a great big apology. I am sooo sorry for the names I called you. Yes I know you never heard it, but my friends heard all about it. You were the biggest See You Next Tuesday on the planet. Today, I say Thank You for not letting me trade in my CM871 truck for a CM2250, and for being the bitch you still are...
Keep up the good work!
Oh btw, if you had if let me trade up to a CM2250 we'd have gone broke and you wouldn't be getting the alimony cheques you cash each month, so on second thought, it's still F! U! with a teenie weenie thank you slid in...

...and a great big thank you to this forum, as you guys have helped raise my profitability higher since the split, so I keep a bigger share than I would have...
With Love & Hate,
You each know which is for you,
Hammerhead

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock , BobsYourUncle , fargonaz , Rex012 , zero4 , gatow900 , DLC , smorgan87 , Pro Star Cummins , Andre_The_Giant

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.