Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
03-16-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
RE: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
(03-07-2018 )ClarkWGriswald Wrote:  One thing to add to your volvo should be the Deep Space Lighting headlight kit. I did it to mine and it made a world of difference over the stock headlights.

I second the Deep Space Lighting kit, an immense improvement over the stock bulbs and reflectors.

This is a picture (if it shows up) of one of my reflectors at about 4 1/2 years of service. Most of the reflector material has been burned/wore off so the light doesn't get thrown out of the housing. This reflector is plastic while my DSL kit the reflector was metal.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
(03-16-2018 )kryten Wrote:  
(03-07-2018 )ClarkWGriswald Wrote:  One thing to add to your volvo should be the Deep Space Lighting headlight kit. I did it to mine and it made a world of difference over the stock headlights.

I second the Deep Space Lighting kit, an immense improvement over the stock bulbs and reflectors.

This is a picture (if it shows up) of one of my reflectors at about 4 1/2 years of service. Most of the reflector material has been burned/wore off so the light doesn't get thrown out of the housing. This reflector is plastic while my DSL kit the reflector was metal.

What is interesting same manufacturer making projector lights for subary. The part number difference is letter on the end. Quality incomparable, no burns.
Is Volvo so cheap or greedy.
replyreply
(03-16-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  What is interesting same manufacturer making projector lights for subary. The part number difference is letter on the end. Quality incomparable, no burns.
Is Volvo so cheap or greedy.

Before I bit the bullet and ordered the Deep Space kit (winds up being almost double the price by the time it gets to canuckistan) I did a search of the part number on the reflector hoping I could just buy it somewhere and discovered that exact reflector / projector unit was used by many different car builders.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
03-17-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
When I bought my deep space kit for my Volvo, they were using the Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 but the newer kits come with the 4.0 projector which is way better.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projec...98%2C48190

Here is where deep space gets all the kits from. This is a universal bracket whereas deep space has their own. Their harness is a high beam diode splitter with a couple Morimoto resistors.

One amazing upgrade to this kit that costs a penny but will make a night a day difference is....

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-pa...54572.html

These are OEM bulbs and have been tested to be the brightest on the market. Savage difference.

I'm waiting for my order now, I am putting a MD2S 4.0 projector in my Peterbilts 7" round housing with a Morimoto XB55 ballast and Osram Nightbreaker bulbs...... Light output most people can't even comprehend.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
03-17-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
(03-17-2018 )Brock Wrote:  When I bought my deep space kit for my Volvo, they were using the Morimoto Mini D2S 3.0 but the newer kits come with the 4.0 projector which is way better.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/projec...98%2C48190

Here is where deep space gets all the kits from. This is a universal bracket whereas deep space has their own. Their harness is a high beam diode splitter with a couple Morimoto resistors.

One amazing upgrade to this kit that costs a penny but will make a night a day difference is....

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid-pa...54572.html

These are OEM bulbs and have been tested to be the brightest on the market. Savage difference.

I'm waiting for my order now, I am putting a MD2S 4.0 projector in my Peterbilts 7" round housing with a Morimoto XB55 ballast and Osram Nightbreaker bulbs...... Light output most people can't even comprehend.

Brock hopefully you are not driving same road with me. Just installed on my truck US4085910A Dual mode optical seeker for guided weapon control from Army Surplus store. HDST (heavy duty shi#t thrower) will arrive tomorrow to be installed.:big_smile2::big_smile2::big_smile2::big_smile2:
replyreply
03-19-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
Has anyone installed these kind of projectors in a Mack pinnacle? The instructions aren't quite clear enough for me to get a good grasp of it. I did find a supplier for these projectors up in Canada. Their website is https://esskcustoms.com/collections/proj...ear-lenses
replyreply
Are you up in Canada? If so then you have essk customs in Saskatoon, prolightz in Quebec or Winnipeg hid.... All three are dealers for "the retrofit source"

If not then you may want to order direct.

I know all this because I have recently become a dealer and am opening my own store in Grande Prairie ab.

If your wanting to do your own retrofit I can link some great how to Videos.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

I did do a retrofit in my prostar which is similar to your Mack. I put the fxr projector in mine.

./uploads/201803/post_1367_1521471685_f5eb23a28c4b0ccdc5b3498e600805d7.jpg

Here is a retrofit a guy did on his Pete 579 using the evoxr 2.0 projector which is designed for far down road light.

replyreply
Yes I am by andrew Alberta so would be either coming from Saskatchewan or could wait till your store opens up. I have family there anyways I go visit every once and awhile. If you could send the links to those videos that would be great I hate jumping into something like this knowing nothing about it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.