Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
03-05-2018, (Subject: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. ) 
RE: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX.
Thanks Rawze for your insight on this. I did pick the truck for what I like which is Volvo and I know the Volvo super truck is a marketing gimmick for the most part but I would like to apply some of the techniques they did such as extend skirts etc. Not all the research is snake oil and some of it might NOT be practical such as cameras and screens for the side mirrors but it can be fun to find out.

I know the Prostar can be better in the aero department but I still like the Volvo look so again yes the truck style is for my enjoyment while I do this. And I'm not trying to make a living out the gate doing this. I have a few years left doing what I do now in remote production TV and would love to semi retire into trucking which is where I started in life. I don't want to go back into trucking to be trapped behind the wheel, I want to book loads to places and then spend some time there seeing what I missed when I was just looking out the windshield the last time through with no time to stop.

Also I did pick an older truck to play with so I don't have to go full in to the DPF and newer DEF emissions systems as I rebuild the truck. For example the rear end ratio can be changed and I'm guessing your thinking to put in 3.55's. Either way this is going to be the baseline truck I start with then one change at a time to see where it goes. And I don't care that I can't go into California. As far as I'm concerned the USA ends at Arizona and Nevada.

That is primarily why I was so excited to find your web site and then find out working on the ISX isn't any harder than working on the 350's and 400's of years past. I was convinced there was no way to be in control of these newer electronic engines and you have not only proven it can be done but done well. I was sure to own a newer truck was to be a slave to the stealerships and I despise the crap they pull and then not really fix your truck,...... it's criminal!

Keep your insights coming.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Getting started with a 2005 Volvo with the ISX. - superbug - 03-05-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.