Loud popping from under tractor
04-11-2018, (Subject: Loud popping from under tractor ) 
Loud popping from under tractor
I have a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia and when I turn right or left I hear a loud pop coming from under the truck. What could this be? What's the cause? And How is it fixed? Is this something that will occur again once fixed? Also when I press the brakes just barely the truck pulls very hard to one side like it's out of control while driving. What is the cause of this and how can it be repaired?
replyreply
RE: Loud popping from under tractor
(04-11-2018 )wilsont Wrote:  I have a 2015 Freightliner Cascadia and when I turn right or left I hear a loud pop coming from under the truck. What could this be? What's the cause? And How is it fixed? Is this something that will occur again once fixed? Also when I press the brakes just barely the truck pulls very hard to one side like it's out of control while driving. What is the cause of this and how can it be repaired?
Did you even pop the hood open to check or underneath the truck could be something very serious on the suspension or on the brake system
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , dhirocz , Rawze
Driver
Before you kill yourself or someone else,Pull over,find a shop near by.On your question what could it be!!
Gearbox,Tie Rod or Kingpins ..Danger Zone.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , dhirocz , Rawze
I was wondering if he may have lost a steer tire or something along those lines... ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Front shackle pins or broken front spring? Noises are not good and could hurt you or others and must be diagnosed immediately.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bossboy2 , dhirocz , Rawze
04-12-2018, (Subject: Loud popping from under tractor ) 
Leaf spring bushing/pins are causing your popping.

Pulling is a bad brake adjustment or brake. I had that happen last week, a drive axle brake pod had come loose.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
04-12-2018, (Subject: Loud popping from under tractor ) 
I agree with the above...I also agree that you need the find the problem NOW. Popping is often springs, like I'm my case, but could also be something like a failing tie rod end or a seriously screwed up kingpin, for example. I also saw a 9900 pop because the steering box came LOOSE. Lots of possibilities, none are good. Pulling could be a bad slack, hole in a brake hose or chamber issues, etc...also none of which are good. Without more details, we could go on and on as to what it COULD be...

I just replaced EVERYTHING on mine just so I knew it was all good, all fresh, and all safe. The peace of mind alone is worth it.

Don't play games with the steer axle. Get 'er fixed!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.