High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129
03-06-2018, (Subject: High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129 ) 
Thumbs Down High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129
Just recently bought a 2006 international with a isx 870
Truck runs fine but sometimes its revs high and ecm protects engine and shuts it off
Truck starts back on runs little rough smokes 1-2 min then back again normal
Code is 129 (got roadrelay)
Supecting of injector orings since diesel has black soot had a previous truck same problem it was orings
Previous owner put new timing/fuel actuators guessing he was trying to solve that same problem
replyreply
03-08-2018, (Subject: High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129 ) 
RE: High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129
A CM870 will not rev out of control due to injector problems. The most common cause is A metering actuator is sticking.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Jloz1387
You said some one replaced the timing and metering actuators. I can vouch that even if you buy Cummins reman actuators they can still be cheaply rebuilt. I just put mine on a month ago and they are noisey. I can hear them ticking. None have failed yet but I'm keeping a close eye on them.
I also noticed that the new ones I got looked funky in the little clear plastic piece on the outside. Looks like where they used epoxy to hold the electrical parts in it. Its all filled with air bubbles. The just look poorly reman'ed

Is this common and alright to leave alone? I have no idea.
replyreply
I also had a problem finding code 129 in insite. But I Google searched it and found it is related to injection metering rail # 2. Looks like Rawze has pointed you in the right direction.

Anyone know why there are certain code #'s that pop up but either aren't on insite or are related to a whole other engine than the one your dealing with?
replyreply
03-09-2018, (Subject: High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129 ) 
Yeah thanks i just saw got a leaking actuator first one from front to back and the shut off solenoid is also leaking
replyreply
03-09-2018, (Subject: High pressure rail 1 ???? Code 129 ) 
(03-08-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You said some one replaced the timing and metering actuators. I can vouch that even if you buy Cummins reman actuators they can still be cheaply rebuilt. I just put mine on a month ago and they are noisey. I can hear them ticking. None have failed yet but I'm keeping a close eye on them.
I also noticed that the new ones I got looked funky in the little clear plastic piece on the outside. Looks like where they used epoxy to hold the electrical parts in it. Its all filled with air bubbles. The just look poorly reman'ed

Is this common and alright to leave alone? I have no idea.

Mine are exactly the same as yours
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.