Cm870 bad fuel actuators?
03-07-2018, (Subject: Cm870 bad fuel actuators? ) 
Cm870 bad fuel actuators?
Been getting check engine light on dash sporadically throughout the day as of yesterday. Light will flicker on for about 1-2 seconds then shut off for a random amount of time. does it cruising at highway speed, hasn’t done it when idling.

fuel actuators were damp w/ fuel around the plug and wires with some gummed up residue around the actuator itself.

Recently noticed a random skip when idling at operating temp which makes me think they could be going bad? Clogged up inside? Haven’t popped them off to clean, I haven’t done that before so any proper cleaning tips would be helpful. Truck has 427k with original actuators..
replyreply
03-08-2018, (Subject: Cm870 bad fuel actuators? ) 
RE: Cm870 bad fuel actuators?
If fuel is leaking from the actuator, it is bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: berrytrucking94
03-08-2018, (Subject: Cm870 bad fuel actuators? ) 
RE: Cm870 bad fuel actuators?
They are real easy to pull apart. Just get a set of metric allen wrench's or Torx wrenches (whichever you need) and go to town. Take some precaution not to rip the o-rings and lose them. But there is no paper gaskets so everything is reusable if you pull them apart and find they are still good. Replace the 1's that are leaking and check out Rawze's video or guide how he checked them to make sure the other one's are good. You can pickup a dial indicator for a really low cost. Well worth having in the tool box.

Actuator are not cheap! But going cheap when buying them will probably kick you in the ass later when they crap out on you or throw fits from being cheaply reman'ed. These are very important to a properly running isx. I personally wouldn't risk it and bought Cummins certified Reman's. I still didn't like the look or sound of the ones I got but Cummins has some pretty strict remaning processes so I sort of trust them more than some lame eBay shyster.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: berrytrucking94

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.