Turbo sounds
03-18-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
RE: Turbo sounds
(03-18-2018 )Beaver Wrote:  It's mandated cm 2250. No codes just sound. Also having low boost and jake brake response when oil is over 200°. Whole egr system is clean (including egrcooler etc) new sensors. Just replacedhigh pressure relief valve on fuel rail due to failing pressure test. Wondering if I have a bad injector or 2. 573k on them. Is there another injector test than just the pressure?
Injector performance test in Insite. Read all requirements.
replyreply
(03-18-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 )Beaver Wrote:  It's mandated cm 2250. No codes just sound. Also having low boost and jake brake response when oil is over 200°. Whole egr system is clean (including egrcooler etc) new sensors. Just replacedhigh pressure relief valve on fuel rail due to failing pressure test. Wondering if I have a bad injector or 2. 573k on them. Is there another injector test than just the pressure?
Injector performance test in Insite. Read all requirements.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I dont have insite so I'll have to find someone to run the test. Is it just an insite computer style test or is it pretty in depth? (Just so I have an idea what I'm gonna pay) also if anyone else can think of anything, I would love to hear it.
Everyone says I just need a new turbo but it works perfect as long as the oil temp is 200 or less so that leads me to believe that the ecm is commanding the turbo to work this way when the oil is hot. Thats why I think its an injector not working right.

User's Signature: Carhauling is a fickle mistress
replyreply
Maybe this helps explain it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...8#pid22458

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Beaver
(03-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Maybe this helps explain it...
I read this the other week and had a full egr/dpf cleaning done with a "seafoam" type of foam. I also did your egr tune up before doing this. So far it telaxed the "chuffing" a little but its still there.
I'm thinking since the truck is running really rough when I get into the accelerator, that maybe one or 2 of the injectors is bad electronically. I really only have symptoms after the oil temp is up over 200 so I'm thinking that maybe the lesser oil viscosity is having an affect on the injectors.
I did the leak test and it wouldn't even finish. Replaced the HP relief valve and did the test again and it held 30,000 psi for 5 mind lol. (And for the record, cummins did the tests and relief valve) yes they also tried to tell me about that 21000 BS! HAHA
So what I'm thinking is, what if I'm not getting the proper suck, bang,blow up at the higher oil temps? Wouldn't that directly affect the back pressure? Kinda like having an exhaust leak?
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't want to replace my turbo if it'sworking perfectly when the oil temp is under 200°

replyreply
(03-18-2018 )Beaver Wrote:  
I read this the other week and had a full egr/dpf cleaning done with a "seafoam" type of foam. I also did your egr tune up before doing this. So far it telaxed the "chuffing" a little but its still there.
I'm thinking since the truck is running really rough when I get into the accelerator, that maybe one or 2 of the injectors is bad electronically. I really only have symptoms after the oil temp is up over 200 so I'm thinking that maybe the lesser oil viscosity is having an affect on the injectors.
I did the leak test and it wouldn't even finish. Replaced the HP relief valve and did the test again and it held 30,000 psi for 5 mind lol. (And for the record, cummins did the tests and relief valve) yes they also tried to tell me about that 21000 BS! HAHA
So what I'm thinking is, what if I'm not getting the proper suck, bang,blow up at the higher oil temps? Wouldn't that directly affect the back pressure? Kinda like having an exhaust leak?
Maybe I'm crazy but I don't want to replace my turbo if it'sworking perfectly when the oil temp is under 200°

Interesting. Did you clean out the EGR cooler?. What about engine out NOx sensor. Is it more than 200k miles old?

If it were here, It would be interesting to see what is driving the turbo so high. Maybe EGR valve sticking?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-19-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
(03-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 )Beaver Wrote:  

Interesting. Did you clean out the EGR cooler?. What about engine out NOx sensor. Is it more than 200k miles old?

If it were here, It would be interesting to see what is driving the turbo so high. Maybe EGR valve sticking?

Yup egr cooler is cleaned out...outbound nox sensor is new (im assuming you mean the #2on the exhaust pipe end past the DEF)
#1nox sensor has about 100k on it

Trust me, I would looove to get with some of you guys, buy you some beer and pizza and figure this out just to see WTH is up with it.

replyreply
03-30-2018, (Subject: Turbo sounds ) 
Update: I replaced the turbo and DOC (efficiency was at 0.95) no more turbo chuff but same ol issue.
When the trucks gets up to operating temperatures, the turbo won't spool up above 32psi and the jake brakes are very weak.

Just wanted to update.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.