New parts hardness testing QA
04-01-2016, (Subject: New parts hardness testing QA ) 
New parts hardness testing QA
Is this just a waste of money when buying parts from a reputable dealer?

replyreply
RE: New parts hardness testing QA
If it is available to you, I would. Rockwell testers are great for transmission gear compatibility and any other type of metal against metal compatibility. Especially valuable in rear gear sets, and camshaft - non-roller lifter sets
replyreply
I would not waste the money... Unless you are building a race truck. Just my .02.
replyreply
Unless you have control over the whole manufacturing process start to finish and you know what hardness you're looking for the base metal you're using and the hardness of the rollers on your cam followers you have no clue what you're looking at when they give you the numbers and in first place don't even bother it's a waste of money on top of that engine manufacturers spend millions of dollars an engine tests and simulations and have been in that business for many years they know what they need for hardness and the base metals are using so unless you have a full knowledge for all that you're just shooting in the dark just my two cents
replyreply
How to check hardness? Easy!
Take a file from HF Tools and slide it over the cam lobe. If file is give up hardness is good enough. If you have streaks on the cam lobe - cam is counterfeit.

Today is April 1:angel:
replyreply
The problem with a rockwell hardness tester is that it leaves a ding where you did the test.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.