vg turbo stuck
03-10-2018, (Subject: vg turbo stuck ) 
vg turbo stuck
I hope somone can tell me why,how ,or how to prevent the turbo lever under the actuator from locking up.My first turbo that came on truck new lasted over 1.1 million miles then locked up.The next one was a cummins reman and only made it 125000 miles (85000) where after mandate remove and cause it was 15 months old,no warrenty.Just wandering bad reman?My oil gets changed every 11000 miles even after demandate.I hope it was a fluke cause $I3900 and change will be hard to swallow every 15 months.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
RE: vg turbo stuck
Could be the reman, I had an in frame and had mine replaced and it lasted a month, replaced under warranty. new one is knock on wood OK. Cummins is doing some real shi#t work lately, no QC.

Oh, if you do need a turbo, and I have no clue if you do, FleetPride has some good prices on remans right now. I was in the store yesterday and had him price one for me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
(03-10-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Could be the reman, I had an in frame and had mine replaced and it lasted a month, replaced under warranty. new one is knock on wood OK. Cummins is doing some real shi#t work lately, no QC.

Oh, if you do need a turbo, and I have no clue if you do, FleetPride has some good prices on remans right now. I was in the store yesterday and had him price one for me.

Are those cummins?I just did turbo and actuator over last couple days.thanks

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
(03-10-2018 )flonly Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Could be the reman, I had an in frame and had mine replaced and it lasted a month, replaced under warranty. new one is knock on wood OK. Cummins is doing some real shi#t work lately, no QC.

Are those cummins?I just did turbo and actuator over last couple days.thanks

Yep, Cummins numbers, Holset VV/VG, they had new and remans. the remans were under $3000. I about fell over. Oh, they were direct from Holset.
replyreply
(03-10-2018 )flonly Wrote:  I hope somone can tell me why,how ,or how to prevent the turbo lever under the actuator from locking up.My first turbo that came on truck new lasted over 1.1 million miles then locked up.The next one was a cummins reman and only made it 125000 miles (85000) where after mandate remove and cause it was 15 months old,no warrenty.Just wandering bad reman?My oil gets changed every 11000 miles even after demandate.I hope it was a fluke cause $I3900 and change will be hard to swallow every 15 months.

What engine, what turbo, how much boost does it make maximum?

- I would have taken it somewhere and found out what locked up on it (or taken it apart myself if need be) before replacing it a second time. It should have lasted 400k miles or more, even if you have a de-mandated truck if it was done right and the turbo is not being over-boosted / over-heated.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(03-10-2018 )flonly Wrote:  I hope somone can tell me why,how ,or how to prevent the turbo lever under the actuator from locking up.My first turbo that came on truck new lasted over 1.1 million miles then locked up.The next one was a cummins reman and only made it 125000 miles (85000) where after mandate remove and cause it was 15 months old,no warrenty.Just wandering bad reman?My oil gets changed every 11000 miles even after demandate.I hope it was a fluke cause $I3900 and change will be hard to swallow every 15 months.

What engine, what turbo, how much boost does it make maximum?

- I would have taken it somewhere and found out what locked up on it (or taken it apart myself if need be) before replacing it a second time. It should have lasted 400k miles or more, even if you have a de-mandated truck if it was done right and the turbo is not being over-boosted / over-heated.
08, cm871, holset,38lbs,egt never over 450, demandated and full inframe done by mr hagg 85000 miles ago.Original turbo made it about 1150000 miles with all mandate still on it.When I took turbo actuator off I could not move that lever with the teeth on it at all.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.