Turbo blanket/Wrap recommendations
03-10-2018, (Subject: Turbo blanket/Wrap recommendations ) 
RE: Turbo blanket/Wrap recommendations
(03-10-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT USE A TURBO BLANKET!! Especially with the EGR delete'd. Your engine no longer stops exhaust temps from climbing to temps as high as Diesel burning will go 1300+ degrees easily. Your foot is the ONLY thing keeping this temp in check.
You absolutely will burn that turbo out. I was an unknowing ass 4 years ago and fell for pittsburgh putreads BS and after 6 months of having the blanket on it I burnt the turbo up. It literally looked like someone took a torch to middle of the mount and blew a stream right through to the guts of the turbo. I wish I would've taken pictures.
Soon after the replacement, I found Rawzes old site right before he had to shut it down and thats when I learned the VG turbos CANNOT take extreme heat well and a delete'd cummins can not control EGT's. It's real tough to go back and tell unknowing me thats he's a complete window licker and why...
Now I believe the turbo on the CM870 which should be the he551v can take more heat than the one on the cm871 (which Rawze states is 900 degrees, I'm still trying to find the holset spec that states this for the he551v) but I will flat out tell you from my own hands on experience, they do not take the heat abuse of the fixed vein turbos of the olden years and your engine is tuned to throw hells fire through it if you dont have a pyro gauge hooked to it and keep your foot out of the throttle when pulling hard.
I hope this info helps in your decision making.

You think that was solely because of the blanket..? Not bad tune realated or anything else?

I take my foot out of it round 8-900 at most, I’m afraid to push it knowing it can’t take the egts a fixed vein can. Thats why I was lookin for anything that might assist it
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Turbo blanket/Wrap recommendations - berrytrucking94 - 03-10-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.