Where should I buy a spare cm870 ?
03-12-2018, (Subject: Where should I buy a spare cm870 ? ) 
RE: Where should I buy a spare cm870 ?
I thought about doing that too. I wanted to do one nice, cut the deck just enough to get an ideal RA for the head gasket (maybe 5 thou), set the liners, balance the crank, clean it up all pretty and new on the outside, etc...have it complete and drop in ready...

But how would the regular Joe schmoe put it in? I kind of lack that kind of space and equipment and I'd have to find someone I 'trust' with my truck. Hmm.

Gotta also think. Those parts under 'warranty' (good one) will run out maybe before you even get to start it. Still, not a bad idea. I have a number of engines in my garage...just none quite that large!

With as much as those things cost, find a good deal and a high mileage used one and go that route. Complete, high miles, still running. Cummins is PROUD of their remans. I don't know why. At least this way, you can have it done by a reputable shop correctly without paying twice technically for assembly (once by Cummins, once to correct it) and it might be cheaper depending on the cost of your core.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
RE: Where should I buy a spare cm870 ? - dhirocz - 03-12-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.