Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one
03-13-2018, (Subject: Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one ) 
Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one
As the title says, threw the code on a 2014 cm2350, pid 351 spn 117, however the engine has been deleted and doesn't have the holset turbo and no turbo inlet temperature sensor, any chance this could be the manifold pressure/temperature sensor?
replyreply
03-13-2018, (Subject: Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one ) 
RE: Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one
Another victim of a butchered engine. That is your actual problem.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-13-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Another victim of a butchered engine. That is your actual problem.

No joke, but fact remains, if a sensor is none existing how does it have an error?

Lol, well I hooked up insite and looked at the sensor information and just wow, they are actually getting the sensor data from the ambient air temperature sensor, I guess that's better than nothing.
replyreply
(03-13-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  Lol, well I hooked up insite and looked at the sensor information and just wow, they are actually getting the sensor data from the ambient air temperature sensor, I guess that's better than nothing.

That is even worse. The turbo inlet temp sensor is used for 2 things by the ECM. -- (A). to determine heat soak and efficiency of the turbocharger and help determine manifold temps. (B). to help offset and control combustion pressures.

On an engine with no sensor, it needs to be pre-set to a temperature of roughly 55c to put the combustion pressure offset determination in the ballpark. someone setting it to the outside temp is nowhere near close to what it needs. -- Like I said,.. BAD DELETE BY A GAGGLE OF F$KING MORONS!!!.

====

Program is likely nothing but copied garbage off the internet in that engine,.. Most likely it is really really bad. -- Go ahead and keep driving it and tearing up that 36,000 engine. - If i owned it, i would not even have cranked it up with such garbage programming and horrible butchered half-baked mods.

i hope you did not actually pay money for such crap!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Like I've said in earlier posts, was this way when I bought, thought I had such a badass engine, PukeDits and everything, I only wish I had found this site before signing on the line. I drive it fairly conservatively now, keep an eye on the pyro and keep boost at 30 psi max. I've been talking with Unilevers (tough guy to get ahold of but he has multiple recommendations) to get this program out and as proper a job as possible in.
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one ) 
(03-13-2018 )Rounded_nut Wrote:  Like I've said in earlier posts, was this way when I bought, thought I had such a badass engine, PukeDits and everything, I only wish I had found this site before signing on the line. I drive it fairly conservatively now, keep an eye on the pyro and keep boost at 30 psi max. I've been talking with Unilevers (tough guy to get a hold of but he has multiple recommendations) to get this program out and as proper a job as possible in.

That is the right direction towards getting it right again.

It is funny you mention Unilevers, he and I had the same discussion about turbo inlet temps several years ago and the correct settings/readings for it. I think it was a CM870 and it just would not get the correct combustion pressures if I remember right. - We ended up having a lengthy discussion about why the inlet temps need to be higher than actual intake air temps, heat soak offset, etc.etc... and worked out the correct numbers both by observing engines that were still stock programming and had the sensor and by looking at what the programming wanted. After testing, 130F (about 55c) was the "Q" for most applications. It does not matter what you do though,.. having the sensor enabled and working is still better.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , berrytrucking94 , rrod , Rounded_nut
03-14-2018, (Subject: Turbo inlet temperature sensor error, but I don't have one ) 
mine still get set at 55 - 60 to this day if its not there. Seems the managers like this temp and they work well. Using ambient air temp is scary because the ambient temp is usually much much lower than CIT temp and the ECM thinks the air is way more dense than it really is.

i remember that conversation well.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Wiseman , berrytrucking94 , rrod , Rounded_nut

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.