Tuned cm870 egt's
03-13-2018, (Subject: Tuned cm870 egt's ) 
RE: Tuned cm870 egt's
Its to bad you can't run them at 1500 degrees lol, it would be a rip snorting monster!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
Depending on the mileage/hours on the motor you might want to look into replacing exhaust gas pressure sensor, intake temp and intake pressure sensor. Old sensors will effect readings of airflow/temps etc. I did mine when I had it tuned/deleted. Old ones were gunked up from egr gas
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(03-13-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  I forget to mention that it can only get that hot when loaded. If the truck is empty the highest it ever gets is probably 700 and that would be going up a hill. If I remember right it makes 38 or 39 lbs. Of boost according to the factory gauge

What are you guys doing, running the cruise control? Why are you allowing it to get so hot? No matter what the safe zone is or what is "acceptable"? That I don't get. It sounds like you are abusing the motor. Just my .02.
replyreply
(03-13-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(03-13-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  I forget to mention that it can only get that hot when loaded. If the truck is empty the highest it ever gets is probably 700 and that would be going up a hill. If I remember right it makes 38 or 39 lbs. Of boost according to the factory gauge

What are you guys doing, running the cruise control? Why are you allowing it to get so hot? No matter what the safe zone is or what is "acceptable"? That I don't get. It sounds like you are abusing the motor. Just my .02.

My truck is my livelyhood, I try to drive it with care just like the rest of the ones here who want longevity instead of an ego boost. hauling 103k dump trailer in the northeast is a little different than pulling 80k freight in the Midwest. I’m guessing that effects pyro temps

Rawze already stated the “safe” temps for the cm870 when deleted..700 does not exceed those numbers if I read it right.

Pyro rises; foot out+ downshift.
replyreply

Every operator in this country must be abusing their engines . Try pulling 250,000 lbs and keep those temps . Not everyone is pulling pillows around with an isx
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Wiseman , Waterloo , berrytrucking94 , Hammerhead
AussieISX , very well said.
Respect and hat down to you brother !
replyreply
03-14-2018, (Subject: Tuned cm870 egt's ) 
(03-13-2018 )berrytrucking94 Wrote:  

My truck is my livelyhood, I try to drive it with care just like the rest of the ones here who want longevity instead of an ego boost. hauling 103k dump trailer in the northeast is a little different than pulling 80k freight in the Midwest. I’m guessing that effects pyro temps

Rawze already stated the “safe” temps for the cm870 when deleted..700 does not exceed those numbers if I read it right.

Pyro rises; foot out+ downshift.

My apologies. I'm overly anal when it comes to my red motor, and I know the cost of ownership, trust me. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: berrytrucking94
08-04-2019, (Subject: Tuned cm870 egt's ) 
(03-13-2018 )AussieISX Wrote:  ...
Every operator in this country must be abusing their engines . Try pulling 250,000 lbs and keep those temps . Not everyone is pulling pillows around with an isx

Just stating this here for reference:

I don't back out of mine until I see the manifold get to about 950-F.

I also don't drive my truck hard, so it is not very often it gets that high.

===

As far as engine abuse in your country ... As long as you get paid more for hauling more, and it covers any expected shortened engine life for doing so, that is how some people have to manage things. - Not sure about Aussie land, but over here, even the heavy haul guys do not get paid squat nothing any more these days. All the heavy haul markets are just about washed out. It really is not worth sacrificing lifespan of the equipment for those few extra $$$, the numbers do not add up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-04-2019, (Subject: Tuned cm870 egt's ) 
For sure. A medium sized heavy haul company up here in the NE said to me a few years ago that the true big money in trucking is over height. The higher the better.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.