New Member looking for Knowledge
03-14-2018, (Subject: New Member looking for Knowledge ) 
New Member looking for Knowledge
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself and didn't see a place so I came here. Just bought an 07 W900 with the 450 Cummins is'ts an 870 that was put in as a crate engine about 700K ago, rebuilt 10 speed EF New rubber all the way around. My first Truck, yes I bought it because I like the old school look. It will be hauling water in the oilfields of Oklahoma with a 165 BBL tanker. I've been scanning all the tech info and have gained a lot of insight into this engine. First order of business will be a bypass oil filter and looking for advice on a scanner which I guess is the insite any recommendations on all components are welcome.

Thanks

Mud.

./uploads/201803/post_3432_1521081957_550ed84f557191b1af6d896082a40a40.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
03-15-2018, (Subject: New Member looking for Knowledge ) 
RE: New Member looking for Knowledge
Welcome aboard. Keep an open mind so you can absorb what knowledge you can.

Square nose trucks aren't necessarily fuel efficient, but I understand wanting to love your truck. There is still plenty you can learn here, even if the aero isn't there.

Yes, insite is a must...I run 7.6.2, and an inline 6 adapter. That alone has saved my ass on a couple of occasions.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mudmagnet63 , Waterloo , Rawze
Nice looking rig! Great tanker truck. A oil bypass is a great idea with oilfield as you spend alot of time idling. I run Alberta oilfields and had my truck tuned to maximize idle efficiency. Get a great tune and you won't regret it.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mudmagnet63 , Waterloo
At this point fuel mileage wasn't a big concern, the company I contract through pays all fuel and everything here is a short run usually 10-25 miles round trip. Quite a bit of idle time and waiting in line to dump. Looked at a 660 but they were just torn all to hell. This is a well maintained truck. I have the entire service records on the way from the PO. It's had Rotella 15/40 since new. Just feel lucky to have found this place, lots of stuff to absorb but I love the process of learning new things and i love to read.

Mud
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(03-15-2018 )mudmagnet63 Wrote:  At this point fuel mileage wasn't a big concern, the company I contract through pays all fuel and everything here is a short run usually 10-25 miles round trip. Quite a bit of idle time and waiting in line to dump. Looked at a 660 but they were just torn all to hell. This is a well maintained truck. I have the entire service records on the way from the PO. It's had Rotella 15/40 since new. Just feel lucky to have found this place, lots of stuff to absorb but I love the process of learning new things and i love to read.

Mud
Got yourself a great rig for the oil patch, yes I know. Keep an eye out on the air tank strap's, yes they break. This truck will take a beating. Add a gallon of stalube gear oil 80w90 to the crankcase. Have you checked the cam's for fretting?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze
To pretty for the oil field! LOL! She is a beauty! Good luck on your new adventure!
replyreply
Spend a lot of time reading up on here. Lots to learn. Even though you may not pay the fuel bill fuel use is tied to time to overhaul. It pays to develop good driving habits. Someday you might be paying the bill.

I know lots of guys who haul oil in my neck of the woods. The coffee shop talk and old wives tales they tell are quite amusing. Just because someone drove truck for 30 years doesn't make them a genius when it comes to newer trucks.

Good luck with your KW

User's Signature: The fastest way to learn is to make a mistake. If it costs me $ I learn pretty quickly. It's cheaper to learn from someone else's mistakes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mudmagnet63 , Waterloo , Rawze
Stalube should be here today and haven't checked much yet been a crazy busy week. My shop just got concrete poured yesterday but going to use a cousin's place next week to take a look and put in the bypass kit. It's like my brain is on fire reading all the good info here. I have a legal pad taking notes of things to check and things to watch. This place is really a gold mine.

Mud
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , rrod , Waterloo
Welcome Mud. Yes there are lots of great ideas here..even some not so great ones. That’s what I love about Rawze and his forums. Just because your opinion differs doesn’t mean he writes you off completely, in the forums or in real life. Of course he might spice up your life with his hot sauce attitude but if I’m about to do something really stupid I appreciate someone who can tell me without being politically correct. If I’m being a doofus I expect someone to point it out. Lol. It’s the only way I learn sometimes.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , dhirocz , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.