Truck shuts down when making a turn
03-15-2018, (Subject: Truck shuts down when making a turn ) 
Truck shuts down when making a turn
The truck shuts down when I make a turn or on a hill taking off.But starts back up after I stop and cut key off and back on again.its like just cutting the key switch off. Sometimes when I first start the truck the uplift pump won’t come on but I can cut the key on/ off a couple of times and the pump will start working and it will start. ( new pump installed back in August) 09 Pete 387 isx
replyreply
RE: Truck shuts down when making a turn
(03-15-2018 )joesherrie12 Wrote:  The truck shuts down when I make a turn or on a hill taking off.But starts back up after I stop and cut key off and back on again.its like just cutting the key switch off. Sometimes when I first start the truck the uplift pump won’t come on but I can cut the key on/ off a couple of times and the pump will start working and it will start. ( new pump installed back in August) 09 Pete 387 isx

Possibly wiring or the board of the ECM is losing connection on turns. I've seen this before and it's usually wiring. If it's not wiring it's the circuit board in the ECM.

The lifter pump not coming on is strange. Do you see any fuel pressure during that time? Should be around 30psi+.

Check fuel rail pressure and make sure you aren't leaking any either by doing a leak down test.

When the truck shuts down are the lights on the dash still on? Or is it literally emulating a key off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: joesherrie12
It’s just like I cut the key off and then I can start it back up again! The truck runs great going down the highway or regular road can stop at light and take off no problems it’s just when I make turns or on a steep incline
replyreply
(03-15-2018 )zyNoT Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 )joesherrie12 Wrote:  The truck shuts down when I make a turn or on a hill taking off.But starts back up after I stop and cut key off and back on again.its like just cutting the key switch off. Sometimes when I first start the truck the uplift pump won’t come on but I can cut the key on/ off a couple of times and the pump will start working and it will start. ( new pump installed back in August) 09 Pete 387 isx

Possibly wiring or the board of the ECM is losing connection on turns. I've seen this before and it's usually wiring. If it's not wiring it's the circuit board in the ECM.

The lifter pump not coming on is strange. Do you see any fuel pressure during that time? Should be around 30psi+.

Check fuel rail pressure and make sure you aren't leaking any either by doing a leak down test.

When the truck shuts down are the lights on the dash still on? Or is it literally emulating a key off?
It acts just like if I cut the key off and then I can start it back up again! No lights nothing. A few weeks ago the check engine light came on with the truck abs light and the dpf lights flashed but would go back out that happened for about 3 days in a row and stopped had no problems since until last Thursday
replyreply
I would start at the ECM, the wiring. Start at the battery box, if it has a direct feed to the batteries, that is where I would start. Make sure your batteries are secured properly too, not sliding around in the box. I have seen this on other trucks, it was a bad ECM wire connection at the battery.

If that looks good, check under the hood, make sure the harness that carries the ECM wiring is secure and nothing is rubbing up against it, etc. If nothing there, crack the steering wheel open and inspect the wiring leading to the firewall. You will be looking for lose wires and such. Make sure everything is secure.

Also check the in line fuse to the ECM, should be under the hood somewhere. Inexpensive to swap out, just a regular push fuse in most cases.

That is where I would start, all easy to do yourself and should not take that much time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: joesherrie12
something to consider as well...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...05#pid3505

========

What kind of truck?
Miles?
some history?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  something to consider as well...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...05#pid3505

========

What kind of truck?
Miles?
some history?
09 Pete 387 996000 miles new engine wire harness installed in July of last year (fuel leak from actuator) I had a check engine light come on a few times a few months ago checked code said it was the delta p sensors I replaced that then it had another code for the sensor for the egr pressure switch but I replaced the whole egr in January and I cleared the codes and never came back on! Then a couple of weeks ago the check engine light came on along with the truck abs light and the dpf status lights flashed three or four days in a row towards the end of the day and then it stopped! Checked for codes and there was none. Now it’s doing this cuts off when I have a trailer attached and when I make a right turn hardly ever when I make a left turn. If I’m driving down the highway no problems
replyreply
try smack the top of the ECM with handle of large screw driver or something and see if it makes it shut off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  try smack the top of the ECM with handle of large screw driver or something and see if it makes it shut off.
I hit it with a small hammer right above where the harness plugs in and it won’t cut off! But it is getting worse! No matter if I turn left or right easy on the fuel or hard on the full it cuts off!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.