Truck shuts down when making a turn
03-15-2018, (Subject: Truck shuts down when making a turn ) 
RE: Truck shuts down when making a turn
(03-15-2018 )joesherrie12 Wrote:  
(03-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  try smack the top of the ECM with handle of large screw driver or something and see if it makes it shut off.
I hit it with a small hammer right above where the harness plugs in and it won’t cut off! But it is getting worse! No matter if I turn left or right easy on the fuel or hard on the full it cuts off!

then start smacking the wiring harnesses where they make bends and such. smack the fuse pannel around a bit too. Also shake the cab hard and see if it goes out. - You should be ablt to find that problem with some banging of things and some patients.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
is the power steering bogging it down and stalling it out? or is it shutting off suddenly?

If it is a wiring problem, take pictures and post them of where it is at so that others can benefit from what you have found. I am sure it will help others in the future.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Hammerhead
(03-15-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  is the power steering bogging it down and stalling it out? or is it shutting off suddenly?

If it is a wiring problem, take pictures and post them of where it is at so that others can benefit from what you have found. I am sure it will help others in the future.
It’s not the p/s just replace the box last month and the pump in October it’s like I just cut the key off! But will do
replyreply
Found the Problem! Main wire harness running from fuse panel over top of valve cover. Where it was zip tied to the firewall! Will post pics as soon as I can! Thanks for all the help!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Hammerhead
Yeah! Good job!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: joesherrie12

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.