Truck shuts down when making a turn
03-15-2018, (Subject: Truck shuts down when making a turn ) 
RE: Truck shuts down when making a turn
(03-15-2018 )joesherrie12 Wrote:  The truck shuts down when I make a turn or on a hill taking off.But starts back up after I stop and cut key off and back on again.its like just cutting the key switch off. Sometimes when I first start the truck the uplift pump won’t come on but I can cut the key on/ off a couple of times and the pump will start working and it will start. ( new pump installed back in August) 09 Pete 387 isx

Possibly wiring or the board of the ECM is losing connection on turns. I've seen this before and it's usually wiring. If it's not wiring it's the circuit board in the ECM.

The lifter pump not coming on is strange. Do you see any fuel pressure during that time? Should be around 30psi+.

Check fuel rail pressure and make sure you aren't leaking any either by doing a leak down test.

When the truck shuts down are the lights on the dash still on? Or is it literally emulating a key off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: joesherrie12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Truck shuts down when making a turn - zyNoT - 03-15-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.