Cm570
03-17-2018, (Subject: Cm570 ) 
Cm570
I'm new here so pls bear with me I've got a 2000 Pete with a cm570 bumped up to 550 up 18 sp First time it was as though I turned key off then on very quick ,did it a couple times After 200 miles without doing it then it started to run very rough past about 1300 -1500 n up rpms popping buckin .lowering rpms helped but can't drive it that way I'm at Cummins place in Albany Georgia They've been working on it for 5 days. 1 injector replaced great fuel pressure , fixed waste gate actuator, c clip came off at waste gate ,checked for cracked tone wheel at cam n crank .Replaced both cam n crank sensors. Removed ifsm n rebuilt Has 4 new actuators but they checked em anyway 2 full tanks of fuel with good quality They ran the overhead too Everything that's been checked is working as it should be Cam wedges installed timing pin goes in .Cam gear hasn't slipped Truck idles perfect up to about 1300 rpms
Turbo is fine They got engineers work in on it n still haven't fixed it. They sent a special tech up from florida today with a new ecm Have yet to hear from him but it's early. I'm all out of ideas. What's going on with this. Ty[/size]
replyreply
RE: Cm570
I had one of those freak things happen that I could not find the solution. The shop I was using was stumped. It took a very smart Cummins fuel tech to ask if the fuel shut off solenoid had been checked throughly. Upon a very close examination, the rubber from the shut of valve had become unattached and would stick close even thou the solenoid was working correctly and pump had pressure. Good luck
replyreply
Maybe take it over to Mr. Hags just southeast of Atlanta when the stealershit gets finished guessing at it blindly.

Could be anything from air in the fuel to a stuck jake solenoid valve to something electrical,. etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
03-18-2018, (Subject: Cm570 ) 
Good news. All fixed it was the ecm. Apparently there was 2 sets if conflicting info at the ecm another words ecm was doing multitasking with the same info. It was fighting itself. Ecm was probably original to the truck 18 yrs. Makes sense. It wore out it's welcome.
Cummins in Albany Ga treated me very good on the money Replaced 1 injector under warranty cause they were recent ,1 tech came up from Florida on Saturday with the new ecm out the door $2700 n change. I can't say enough about how important it is to buy genuine oem parts.They spend millions on r and d so they pretty much know Yea a shock or bushing but not internal parts cause it will come back to bite you. Maybe I should take up drinking again. Lol TY for the help
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM
03-18-2018, (Subject: Cm570 ) 
(03-18-2018 )Popeye Wrote:  Good news. All fixed it was the ecm. Apparently there was 2 sets if conflicting info at the ecm another words ecm was doing multitasking with the same info. It was fighting itself. Ecm was probably original to the truck 18 yrs. Makes sense. It wore out it's welcome.
Cummins in Albany Ga treated me very good on the money Replaced 1 injector under warranty cause they were recent ,1 tech came up from Florida on Saturday with the new ecm out the door $2700 n change. I can't say enough about how important it is to buy genuine oem parts.They spend millions on r and d so they pretty much know Yea a shock or bushing but not internal parts cause it will come back to bite you. Maybe I should take up drinking again. Lol TY for the help

you got lucky. I know of plenty of guys who have suposedly been to the albany cummins dealer over there and had night-mere experiences.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.