Power Steering Pump... Question?
03-18-2018, (Subject: Power Steering Pump... Question? ) 
Power Steering Pump... Question?
Hey guys, getting ready to fire up the truck after replacing air compressor and power steering pump. I'm using the International power steering fluid and have new filter. I know how to bleed the system, my question though, is to fill the power steering tank reservoir from empty. Install filter, fill tank, start truck and then add fluid as the pump works? Or fill tank until it system is full, install filter and start truck? Don't want to burn up the new pump. Thanks!
replyreply
03-19-2018, (Subject: Power Steering Pump... Question? ) 
RE: Power Steering Pump... Question?
Fill reservoir, front wheels off of the ground, turn wheels slowly lock to lock, top off fluid. Start truck, do the same until the level doesn't drop.

Don't put weight on it until you purge all the air out.

Should be a piece of cake if you never drained your gearbox. This is what I did and it worked fine for me...however, I'd stick with the manufacturers instructions first. Did you buy a pump or reseal your own?

I'm not familiar with your truck...I'm assuming it's in the reservoir like my kw...I put mine in first. Did the pump fail (metal in the system), or...?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Toolguy
03-19-2018, (Subject: Power Steering Pump... Question? ) 
RE: Power Steering Pump... Question?
(03-19-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Fill reservoir, front wheels off of the ground, turn wheels slowly lock to lock, top off fluid. Start truck, do the same until the level doesn't drop.

Don't put weight on it until you purge all the air out.

Should be a piece of cake if you never drained your gearbox. This is what I did and it worked fine for me...however, I'd stick with the manufacturers instructions first. Did you buy a pump or reseal your own?

I'm not familiar with your truck...I'm assuming it's in the reservoir like my kw...I put mine in first. Did the pump fail (metal in the system), or...?

I replaced the pump, no metal, sounds like I install the filter and then fill. Cool. And yes on getting her jacked up. Thank you sir!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.