ISX in the oilfield
03-18-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
ISX in the oilfield
Diesel performance of Montana. Has anyone had any work done by them? They have been recommended to me by the dealer that I purchase my truck from. I'm not sure if I will need their services. I would prefer to not "modify" my 2015 Pete ISX BUT I may have to. I'm going to be doing a fair amount of PTO time.
Thanks in advance
replyreply
03-18-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
RE: ISX in the oilfield
Unilevers, Mommaburt, Mr. Hag, or Gearhead. Those are the only recomended choices for such type of work for good reason. Too many horror stories out there of chopped up engines and crap programming.

another helpful read (chosen at random) ...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...1#pid20411

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , hhow55
03-19-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
(03-18-2018 )wyodriller Wrote:  Diesel performance of Montana. Has anyone had any work done by them? They have been recommended to me by the dealer that I purchase my truck from. I'm not sure if I will need their services. I would prefer to not "modify" my 2015 Pete ISX BUT I may have to. I'm going to be doing a fair amount of PTO time.
Thanks in advance

You need to see one of the gentlemen that Rawze mentioned above. You take that truck to the oil field with a bad tune, which is more than likely what you will get at that Montana outfit, and you may as well throw a Molotov cocktail into the cab of the truck right now and just walk away.

I lived in Fairview MT for a spell, and I believe I know the outfit your dealer is speaking of, well I do. This was a couple of years ago, but everyone doing this work was using the Puke Dick Inc butcher shop tune. I would imagine it is no different today. I have a tune from HERE, Rawze.com, it has been roughly 3 or 4 years running it without issue, Rawze and Unilever helped out. No overheating, no crazy exhaust temps, no oil consumption, no derates, no more CEL. It runs just like an old oil burner should. The rest of the truck, that is another subject for another day.

Give Unilever a PM, you will need an Inline 5 or 6 reader and a laptop with the software. You can get the Inline with software from eBay, order one of the Hong Kong models, you will have it in a couple of days. PM Unilever and go from there, he is just North of you. Close enough you may want to go visit him. If you do this, tune your truck, which I would highly recommend if you are going to be in the patch, you will need a Pyrometer and a Turbo Boost gauges. Good luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
03-19-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
A 2015 isx would have one of the fuel pump grenades on it right? You should read up on that wyodriller!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
03-21-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
(03-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Unilevers, Mommaburt, Mr. Hag, or Gearhead. Those are the only recomended choices for such type of work for good reason. Too many horror stories out there of chopped up engines and crap programming.

Thanks for the recommendations. I thought the demangate from Montana might be trash because of the stage 1,2,3 B.S. and the Bullysh
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )wyodriller Wrote:  
(03-18-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Unilevers, Mommaburt, Mr. Hag, or Gearhead. Those are the only recomended choices for such type of work for good reason. Too many horror stories out there of chopped up engines and crap programming.

Thanks for the recommendations. I thought the demangate from Montana might be trash because of the stage 1,2,3 B.S. and the Bullysh
Good, you figured it out before they raped you and destroyed your motor. ;-)
replyreply
(03-21-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(03-21-2018 )wyodriller Wrote:  

Good, you figured it out before they raped you and destroyed your motor. ;-)

Only because of this forum. Thanks to all!!
replyreply
I am definitely going to get Inline 6 off of ebay. I did the EGR tune up already, so I'm going to give it a try with the mandate intacted. If it's to much of a pain in the ass, or too costly I will be finding Unilever for sure. Hopefully with the knowledge I've gained from this forum I can be successful. I plan on servicing every 10, 000 miles at the max, depending on the PTO time I have it may be even less.
replyreply
(03-19-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  A 2015 isx would have one of the fuel pump grenades on it right? You should read up on that wyodriller!

I was under the impression the fuel pump troubles were on the 2250 with ceramic plungers. But I will to read up on it some more. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.