ISX in the oilfield
03-21-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
RE: ISX in the oilfield
(03-21-2018 )wyodriller Wrote:  
(03-19-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  A 2015 isx would have one of the fuel pump grenades on it right? You should read up on that wyodriller!

I was under the impression the fuel pump troubles were on the 2250 with ceramic plungers. But I will to read up on it some more. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in.

2250 and 2350, even the new pumps are failing. Rebuild it if you do not know the History on it, I would, but I am anal and know first hand the expenses involved with these EPA motors. You don't want to go down that road.
replyreply
Uni was telling me some good info when you do work on these pumps. Like don’t mess up putting it back together or you’ll be buying a new motor. Got to make sure you get the cups that ride on the cam in right in the pump or it is game over. Not a big deal to get it right just be aware of it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
There a way to safeguard the engine from pump shrapnel?
replyreply
03-22-2018, (Subject: ISX in the oilfield ) 
(03-21-2018 )smorgan87 Wrote:  There a way to safeguard the engine from pump shrapnel?

From what I have heard through the rumor mill, the new X-15 has isolated the fuel pump from the rest of the motor so that when it blows apart the shrapnel stays contained to the area of the fuel pump. I have not heard of anything on the 2250 or 2350. I think Mr Hagg is the man to speak with, as it sounds like he is the one here with the most knowledge on these things.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.