Algea?
03-19-2018, (Subject: Algea? ) 
Algea?
This crap was in my primary filter, plugged it up, like looking into darkness in my fuel tank, no fuel moving but the lift pump is working.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Algea?
Looks an awful lot like ice to me
replyreply
Algea looks nothing like that. Algea is black, brown or dark green sludge. That filter is mighty clean looking. If it's ice than you probably have you fuel lines blocked too. You need to thaw it out and drain the lines and get the water out of the bottom of the tanks replace the filters.
If its not water/ice than I'm at a loss.
replyreply
Algae is like black dirt, your filter would be black

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
03-20-2018, (Subject: Algea? ) 
Thanks for the replies, and to update, after getting towed in and draining the tanks etc turned out to be horribly bad fuel, plugged everything up though just the same. I'm calling the truckstop tomorrow that I filled up at 260 gallons, and see if they want to make this right. Not holding my breath.
replyreply
I was going to ask where did you get that fuel?
replyreply
Vado NM national truckstop, I've fueled there before with no issues so this was a surprise for me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
Looks like paraffin wax. If you still have this filter scrape sample on aluminum foil and try to heat it with the lighter. Is it melts ? Could be someone dumped in storage tank fry oil instead of antigel.
http://energy-saving-technology.com/en/t...sel_p.html
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
Well to update I was able to speak with the owner, we talked for a bit about how much fuel he goes through per day etc and nobody else had an issue, after all that I told him the fact remains that I got dirty fuel there, he is 100% that it wasn't from his tanks but he made a gesture of compensation that goes a ways towards making it right, not the full amount of the repair but just the same it took a fair amount of sting out of it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.