Accelerator lag
03-21-2018, (Subject: Accelerator lag ) 
Video Accelerator lag
Hello everyone. Has anybody had issues with the accelerator. When I start the truck & get goung above 40mph it will stall 2-3 seconds & then back to normal. It will only do it once. 2012 t660 cummins. Thank you
replyreply
RE: Accelerator lag
2250 and 2350 engines do this when your are getting on them hard as a fuel pump protection. Happens when they see an inrush of cold fuel or if the rail pressure surges out of bounds.

You usually have to be on the throttle pretty hard and being hard on the engine to get it to do it. They will also do it while they are warming up to protect the fuel pump for the same reason.

Is the engine stock? - Demandated? and custom tuning? if so, who, how many HP? etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Super_trucker1
RE: Accelerator lag
when that happened with mine,2011 t800 isx 15,i changed the fuel filter,and started warming it up longer b-4 launch.mine would do it within 5 min. after getting on the road and usually the first time i really start fogging it.the new filter or the extended warm up or both i don't know but the problem has gone away. good luck.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Super_trucker1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.