ISX-15 pushing coolant out of reservoir tank -help-
03-24-2018, (Subject: ISX-15 pushing coolant out of reservoir tank -help- ) 
RE: ISX-15 pushing coolant out of reservoir tank -help-
(03-24-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  my take on his post was he had no cooler. then the alarm bells started going off in my head.

You are correct Mr Unilever, no egr cooler

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(03-24-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  
(03-24-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  my take on his post was he had no cooler. then the alarm bells started going off in my head.

You are correct Mr Unilever, no egr cooler

That is what I read too, no EGR cooler... I would say the head is toast, back around 5 and 6. No cooling.
replyreply
Everything pointed to in this thread is clearly suggesting as BAD DELETE!

* EGR cooler removed = no proper cooling for cylinders 5 and 6. = Liner and head gasket issues down the road.

* 40+ PSI boost on a CM2350 engine = Liner and head gasket issues. That enigne only needs about 32-34 psi max. This is even when making close to 800+ HP due to its already high (18.9:1) compression ratio. 40+ will kill one for sure after a short while. does it still have the VG turbo?

=== Blasting coolant out of the tank only under engine load and not all the time is NOT a compressor. It is a head gasket problem due to a fretted Liner.

Pull the oil pan and pressurize the coolant system to 20-PSI and let it sit over night. Look for a few drops of coolant mixed with oil around the bottom of number 5 and 6 pistons the next day. That is your next move. -- That or put a rag + zip-tie over the pressure relief cap neck and leave the cap loose so it cannot build coolant pressure then limp it to Mr. Hags or Gearheads shop to have it tested/fixed. If it is a head issue of any kind, it is inframe time. There is no one on the west coast that I would trust to hold a screwdriver nonetheless take my engine apart. This especially includes OEM.

===

I PM'd you my number.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , rrod , serv , Waterloo , scottydogtruck
(03-23-2018 )hhow55 Wrote:  I suggest when you make it home, open up the rear flange behind the egr cooler. You'll be looking for coolant, or white residue. Next would be to drop the oil pan, pressure up the coolant system to 20lbs and look for coolant running down the liner's. You may need to let it set overnight before coolant will be seen. Hopefully it will be just a leaking egr cooler. When mine was spraying coolant like your's it was a bad head gasket, caused by a head bolt not properly torqued.

I will check the egr flange, also i dont have coolant in my oil, i actually changed my oil this trip and i use semi-synthetic delo from day 1, also it does not take oil, i do about 20k miles before an oil change and my oil level is always full...
replyreply
Still on stock turbo yes.
replyreply
04-11-2018, (Subject: ISX-15 pushing coolant out of reservoir tank -help- ) 
Pressure test was done. Egr cooler is not leaking. Even tho there was white spots in the exhaust, but exhaust was plugged.. i assume those spots are from previous issues i had with def n egr being bad. (New egr) n then like 3 months we took def out.. next was air compressor, that was inspected no signs of colant anywhere... so now we taking the head off, ones thats off we will be able to c more.. so thats my update..
replyreply
(04-11-2018 )Jeka711 Wrote:  Pressure test was done. Egr cooler is not leaking. Even tho there was white spots in the exhaust, but exhaust was plugged.. i assume those spots are from previous issues i had with def n egr being bad. (New egr) n then like 3 months we took def out.. next was air compressor, that was inspected no signs of colant anywhere... so now we taking the head off, ones thats off we will be able to c more.. so thats my update..

You don't take the head off until you pressurize the coolant with the oil pan off. Otherwise there is a possibility that you may never find it. Skipping steps often leads to mistakes that cost you big time. That is why Waterloo's truck is being re-manned a second time. No one bothered to see what was wrong the first time.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo , BobsYourUncle
With the air compressor I'm not sure what signs of coolant your looking for.

Stop going ahead until your 100% sure! I rebuilt the entire top end of a volvo because the mechanic was a retard and misdiagnosed a bad compressor head gasket!

Run a little hose from your pressure relief cap into a coke bottle filled with water (or put a pressure tester on the resevoir if you have one) and watch how much it bubbles when the engine is running. Then remove the air outlet from your compressor that goes to.your air drier and run the engine again, the compressor will be pumping air but with no back pressure, it won't go into the coolant. Check your bubbles/pressure now.....

Some block the air in line for the compressor to be safe, I prefer not to.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , redbeard , simon999 , barf
Drop the pan and pressurize the coolant system! Don’t be an idiot like I was! I can nearly 100% guarantee it is not your compressor. I just went through all of this less than two weeks ago. Everything you are describing is a bad head or head gasket. I am getting to be a pro at this stuff, now I am in framing my own damn motor in Rawze’s driveway!

Here I am, 2 years almost to the day after doing what you are planning on doing. I just took this photo on my phone, like 1 minute ago.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , scottydogtruck , Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.