Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
03-25-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
RE: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
(03-25-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ... Jamie Davis Towing parka and bibs are going on for this one. ;-)

Please tell us that you are joking?
Please don't tell me you actually supported that doughhead from that stupid show with even stupider people on it?
Those of us from the area can't stand all the BS drama hype crap spewed there...you might as well just be Keeping Up With The Kardashians as well if you're into that BS!

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , hhow55 , Signature620 , Waterloo
03-26-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
(03-25-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(03-25-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  ... Jamie Davis Towing parka and bibs are going on for this one. ;-)

Please don't tell me you actually supported that doughhead from that stupid show with even stupider people on it?
Those of us from the area can't stand all the BS drama hype crap spewed there...you might as well just be Keeping Up With The Kardashians as well if you're into that BS!

LOLOLOLZ!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Toolguy
03-26-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
(03-25-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  

LOL! I hit the hammer nerve!

I say "Jamie Davis Towing" parka because it is what I wore for a few years in the oil field and folks familiar with the show know what the gear looks like, along with signifying cold and miserable. I have that, "don't run me over" blue set. Just my way to say I am bundling up like that kid in a Christmas Story, LOL!

And I like the show, actually learned a thing or two, unlike that ice road trucker nonsense. That show insulted my intelligence, as I used to live and work up there in Alaska. I guess like this show annoys yourself.

But, I get a real kick at how they are able to upright this equipment and some of the extreme places these guys have to drag vehicles and equipment out of. Also, how they show what happened to get the truck and trailer upside down in the tree 200 feet in the air. Then we have the bonehead steering wheel holders, "What the Hell are you thinking driver!?! Where are your chains!?!". LOL!

That is why I watch, the personal drama stuff I really don't care about, it is the mechanics that intrigues me. And it gives me pause when I see a wrecker driver on the side of the road, more so than it used to. I never really gave much thought to what they do, now I have just that much more respect. A job I really would not be interested in doing.

I also like that they show real events, you cannot stage these accidents. And the folks I have told about the show, that now watch, walk away with some real appreciation for the jobs we ALL do out here. My mom loves the show for that very reason. She is proud of the work we do, not the steering wheel holders, but us drivers and what we sometimes go through out here.

So, I don't think it is that bad of a show, much better than the other "reality" shows out there. But, you are up there too, so I can see where you are coming from. Like me and Ice Road Truckers, I could throw an ashtray through the TV if I was forced to watch that BS.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , hhow55 , kryten
03-27-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
The best line I ever heard on Ice Road Truckers didn't make the air.
A buddy of mine and I were blocking off 870 chassis' and one of the camera guys comes rushing over and points the camera at us and asks us if we "can do that again?"
Let's call my buddy Bob...he's a rather large, not fat, intimidating fella. Absolute Alpha male, no question. Former Canadian Special Forces guy...even has the scar down one side of his face for the full effect.
Bob looks at the camera guy and asks him "Does it taste good?"
The Cameraman tilts his head slightly and replies "Does what taste good?"
Bob grunts "Film."
The Cameraman smarts back "I wouldn't know, I've never ate it!"
Bob grins "Stick that camera in my face again and you'll find out!"

That was Season 1.
We never made the show.
Still not sure why? Lol
But if you know us and the trucks we owned back then, we're in the background on at least 3 episodes...
I hate that show too.
It completely ruined the ice roads.
Now everybody wants to go up there and be a hero.
I don't go anymore unless they're desperate and I can demand my rate.
These guys who think they're killing it would cry if they knew what we really make when we go...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Waterloo , Toolguy
Ok, got my new hose yesterday, a universal very flexible hydraulic hose at Parker. Looks pretty cool too, has a Cummins Red stripe right down the length of the hose. Installed, pulled a vacuum on the coolant system, had to step away, held a vacuum for over 35 min. Needle never moved, filled system, ready to start... No juice in the batteries.

I put the charger on them, step away, figure an hour or two... Come back, get the Batteries are shot message on the charger. AGM, 3 years old, fiddle around some more... Tried to get the Tri-Pac to fire, nothing.

International dealer had their wet cell batteries on sale for $76.61 ea, off to International. Another day shot driving around for parts. Now it is raining out, will be breaking out the canopy here shortly. At least it is 41*.
replyreply
I have days like that when I'm working on the truck. Right before I start getting frustrated, the wife reminds me how fortunate I am I can do the work and how much better off we are as a result.

...she's a keeper.

Could always be worse.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , Hammerhead , Chamberpains , Waterloo
Ya, could be worse. I've been at repairs for 2 1/2 weeks Outside in the snow, rain, wind and cold, i guess trying to see who is the saltier shadetree me or Waterloo. All the while having the girlfriend asking me everyday when I'm gonna be done with vacation and get back to work?!?!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Waterloo , Rawze
(03-27-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  ... All the while having the girlfriend asking me everyday when I'm gonna be done with vacation and get back to work?!?!

If only they could understand how much we hate this.
There's days I'm just like Chris Rock talking about OJ...
I'm not sayin "I agree", but I am saying "I understand!" lol

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Waterloo
So I am soaked, had to finish putting the CAC plumbing on, went to install that and found one of the boots was torn internally. Another parts run... Get back, finish that job, go to tear out the batteries, bolt holding the battery hold down bracket snaps, and yes I put nut buster on it... Try and find those, no vice so I could not make my own. Head to Napa, get raped, go to install the batteries and notice this little fuse, a Marine Quick Burn 200 amp fuse is in pieces... Everything stopped right there, WTF is this POS? It is for the new million dollar Tri-Pac unit, TK is closed by now and I bet they want $200 for it. $7 on the internet... I finished up cleaning up the cables, wire brush and sand paper, under my little canopy sitting on my Homer bucket... Said F it, it is beer thirty.

Here is that fuse... Whoever put it in wrenched down on it, crushed it, and it fell into pieces...

https://www.waytekwire.com/item/45563/EA...00-Marine/

Third week... I am getting so f'n tired of this crap. Everyday it is something else... I am gentle with my stuff, I don't slam the door to the bathroom stalls, or car doors, work gently with fittings, use nut buster, dialectic great, anti-seize, etc. I own hammers and that is always the last resort, unless I'm dealing with pipe. I want to cry! LOL!

Here it is, hopefully can start the old girl tomorrow.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.