Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
03-28-2018, (Subject: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... ) 
RE: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose...
(03-28-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Whats the purpose of vacuum testing the coolant system? All leaks occur under pressure. 5-7 psi should expose any leaks without hurting any old leave it alone pieces and parts (if you run a pressure free coolant system)

On these ProStars, due to the location of the heater core, you need to vacuum the entire cooling system down, 27psi in my case to refill. I use the Air Lift system, put the hose in the bucket, open the valve, and the coolant is sucked right up into the cooling system. This eliminates the chance of any air pockets in the system. Still have to go through the normal procedures of burping the motor at start up when it gets to temp and the thermostat opens. I do that with the petcock valve on top of the metal coolant line crossover, the one downstream of the thermostat.

Here is the Air Lift that I use. I had to get some longer hose to make it reach my bucket, I use 3/8 id rubber vacuum/fuel line. Works great and is extremely fast and efficient. Worth the money. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002S...UTF8&psc=1

For draining the system, I replaced the radiator petcock valve with a Compucheck fitting, you can see it in my photo of the passenger side, bottom of radiator. I have the female end too with a small valve on it along with enough hose to drain into a five gallon pail.

Both of these items makes changing out coolant a fast and clean job. Keeps the mess to a minimum, if any.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Coolant hose is not a "coolant" hose... - Waterloo - 03-28-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.