Running like caca doodoo today.
03-25-2018, (Subject: Running like caca doodoo today. ) 
Running like caca doodoo today.
Went through that snowstorm in WV last night. Speedo started acting crazy...nearing the end of my day, I decided to kill it.

Woke up to find my Qualcomm logged me automatically as driving. The speedo was fluctuating around 2-3 mph. This ended up going away as the day went on, so I'll be checking the wiring and replacing the sensor when I get home. I'm thinking I had the glitch for this trip...

Get to Ohio today and get unloaded. I'm now right around 38500 unloaded...truck feels damn near like I'm still loaded! Fuel consumption is way up, requires more boost than normal to even maintain speed @58 mph. Feels very lazy and weak... something isn't right.

Scanned it and only found a code for the speed sensor. I attached a couple photos of what I saw with insite...what do you guys think? I was thinking a lazy actuator on the way here...these were taken at idle.

No odd noises, leaks, smoke, etc. Just lazy performance and high fuel consumption and boost happy.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Running like caca doodoo today.
Ecm data at idle after I stopped...

Low speed governor and turbo actuator position...is that correct for an engine at idle? It just came in off the road. Sitting at the tamarack.

It has me wondering if the speed sensor might have something to do with it, but it hasn't acted up since I caught it this morning...

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
If this truck still has a mandate then I think those readings are in the normal range.
replyreply
Nope, @m*m^2.

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
03-26-2018, (Subject: Running like caca doodoo today. ) 
Turbo position looks to me like it was set so that it makes slight positive pressure at idle. Nothing stands out to me other than your idling it at only 600 rpm.

boost happy? how much is it making, etc?

What kind of truck? some history, some background?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
curious what kinda boost its making cruising empty and what it makes loaded.
replyreply
I'm chasing this for four years. VSS replacement doesn't help.
replyreply
03-27-2018, (Subject: Running like caca doodoo today. ) 
It's old and a cheap part. I'll replace it just because it's weathered...commector is rough as well.

Looks as if I have some bad connectors going to a couple actuators. Played with them and it went away. I read on here someone had replaced theirs before for the same reason but my dealer acts clueless. Anyone have a part # for them?

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.