What are your thoughts
04-03-2016, (Subject: What are your thoughts ) 
Thumbs Up What are your thoughts
Ok so I am looking for advice I have a 2012 Pete 388 with a 2010 isx 15 motor with Def fluid and everyonce In awhile it will make a turbo cough when I shift. (Is this normal) I had it in the shop last week they replaced the turbo a nox sensor and the 2 plungers in the fuel pump. Still coughs every once in awhile with new turbo. They said that one plunger was stuck and cracked and it was only running off of one plunger they also said that if they would of not caught it it would of broke and bye bye motor now the problem I got out on the free way and man my truck was moving it had never ran that good since I have owned it. (Bought in oct15) I was hitting 40 pounds and it was running awesome well I stopped 100 miles down the road was at the back of my trailer and the engine dropped way down in idle like it was about to die then idled back up when I got in the truck it said hi exhaust temp I thought that was weird and took off well from that point on my truck has not ran like that first hundred miles it only hits about 32 to 34 pounds and then about 120 miles down the road the check engine light came on it said see opp manual well it stayed on till the next morning I delivered and when I went to go to the mechanics to have the light checked it went off well I still had them check it they said it was a nox sensor and that was last Tuesday and the check engine light has not come back on but the truck has not ran like that first 100 miles either please help I watched the video on egr tune up and plan on doing it when I get home I have already taken the crossover pipe off and cleaned it it wasn't that bad but still. Anyone know what's up with my truck Thanks in advance
replyreply
04-04-2016, (Subject: What are your thoughts ) 
RE: What are your thoughts
You said it is an SCR truck? Uses Def fluid? There was a post here the other day, the SCR system will give you that turbo cough if the SCR system has a leak and or is clogged with crystalized SCR fluid. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=283

Did they check the Turbo Actuator? There is a way to test it, that was just posted by Rawze here the other day... http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=286

Also, on those plungers, did they pull out ceramic plungers and replace with the metal ones? If they did, and there are still ceramic plungers in there, get those out of there ASAP and replaced with the newer metal ones.

I hope this helps, I'm not as well versed as most here, but like I said, maybe the above will help. These trucks confuse the hell out of me, the reason I removed the mandate, I was tired of losing money with all of the down time these systems create.
replyreply
04-04-2016, (Subject: What are your thoughts ) 
Actuator is new with the turbo and they did a manual regeneration on it the other day and yes they put metal plungers in it I will check out videos thank you
replyreply
04-10-2016, (Subject: What are your thoughts ) 
wasnt replacing the plungers part of a nationwide recall? did you have to pay for the work on the plungers? i have several friends whose motors failed and were rebuilt under warranty due to those plungers failing
replyreply
(04-10-2016 )jan0272 Wrote:  wasnt replacing the plungers part of a nationwide recall? did you have to pay for the work on the plungers? i have several friends whose motors failed and were rebuilt under warranty due to those plungers failing

cummins dropped the campaign bout 6 months ago
replyreply
Sounds like you're in a derate for some reason. It will do it silently without a check eng light sometimes. Could be sensor or dpf related. Recommend getting inline 5 with insite software from ebay. You can check this stuff yourself, do parked regrns, testing, diagnosing yourself.
replyreply
(04-10-2016 )Mrkentee Wrote:  Sounds like you're in a derate for some reason. It will do it silently without a check eng light sometimes. Could be sensor or dpf related. Recommend getting inline 5 with insite software from ebay. You can check this stuff yourself, do parked regrns, testing, diagnosing yourself.
Also good to have DESA testing software. It's free to download from Cummins e-mail them for the password valid for 1 year.

./uploads/201604/post_1794_1460345429_c7a0bce12fcdbdbae5bde98b671cc299.png
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.