Is it a bad thermostat?
03-28-2018, (Subject: Is it a bad thermostat? ) 
Is it a bad thermostat?
Got her running, finally, only issue is the the fan does not engage when it normally would. Coolant temps rose to 200* and the fan never kicked on. I have an override fan switch on the dash, and that works fine in regards to the fan working. Could it be the thermostat? Or something else? Something to do with the compressor install? Need help.
replyreply
RE: Is it a bad thermostat?
(03-28-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Got her running, finally, only issue is the the fan does not engage when it normally would. Coolant temps rose to 200* and the fan never kicked on. I have an override fan switch on the dash, and that works fine in regards to the fan working. Could it be the thermostat? Or something else? Something to do with the compressor install? Need help.
Fan kicks on from coolant temperature sensor if temp reached 215*-220*. Your thermostat opens at 185* why fan should go on at 200* Leave it as is and start working:big_smile2::big_smile2:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
RE: Is it a bad thermostat?
(03-28-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(03-28-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Got her running, finally, only issue is the the fan does not engage when it normally would. Coolant temps rose to 200* and the fan never kicked on. I have an override fan switch on the dash, and that works fine in regards to the fan working. Could it be the thermostat? Or something else? Something to do with the compressor install? Need help.
Fan kicks on from coolant temperature sensor if temp reached 215*-220*. Your thermostat opens at 185* why fan should go on at 200* Leave it as is and start working:big_smile2::big_smile2:

Cool! I was in quick serve just reading that! Yipee! Thanks Snail!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.