Fuel Pressure Gauge
04-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel Pressure Gauge ) 
Fuel Pressure Gauge
Have a 2012 2250 Cummins Isx and I'm going to install a manifold pressure gauge along with a pyrometer. They seem to be pretty much a must item for thees newer engines. Amazing how little feed back I get from exhaust or turbo whine. The gauges are a must.

Been doing my research and there are also fuel pressure gauges that register the 30k psi I believe is needed for my application. It makes sense to me that this fuel pressure gauge with an isolator would be a good idea, but I don't see it mentioned much. What do you think?

As far as the gauge choice I'm looking at the autometer cobalt line. It would be a good match to factory (KW). They give a choice of a 35psi or a 60 psi for manifold pressure. What would be a better choice? I'm thinking the 60, to be in the middle of the gauge "zone".

All comments or ideas are appreciated.
replyreply
04-04-2016, (Subject: Fuel Pressure Gauge ) 
RE: Fuel Pressure Gauge
I would stay clear of Autometer stuff, I know Rawze hates them, LOL! And I have not had luck with them either. I had their Pyro and it would not function out of the box, I was pissed! I went with the VDO brand, which I have always used, that I sourced locally. The VDO was a few bucks more, but it works. And It matched my Right Weigh scale gauge I have in a pod mounted next to the VDO on my dash.

One thing too, I have a copy of my factory build sheet, and I discovered that my CM-871 is wired for a manifold pressure gauge. I don't know if you can get ahold of your build sheet, but I would bet there is something there. And I have know clue where this is located, or what to look for, but I am going to find out. No real comment on the fuel pressure gauge... I don't know enough about these newer motors over my CM-871.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.