HOURS OF SERVICE BILL
03-30-2018, (Subject: HOURS OF SERVICE BILL ) 
HOURS OF SERVICE BILL
Everyone who drives a truck should sit up and take notice of this. Rep. Brian Babin Tex. has introduced a bill which would amend the HOS which could be a very good thing for us truckers. It's called H.R. 5417, or “The Responsible and Effective Standards for Truckers (REST) Act. Just google it for specifics but it would finally provide a way to stop the 14 hr. clock for rest/adverse conditions ect...
Check it out and email your state rep. and let them know to get onboard.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87 , fargonaz
03-30-2018, (Subject: HOURS OF SERVICE BILL ) 
RE: HOURS OF SERVICE BILL
(03-30-2018 )schISM Wrote:  Everyone who drives a truck should sit up and take notice of this. Rep. Brian Babin Tex. has introduced a bill which would amend the HOS which could be a very good thing for us truckers. It's called H.R. 5417, or “The Responsible and Effective Standards for Truckers (REST) Act. Just google it for specifics but it would finally provide a way to stop the 14 hr. clock for rest/adverse conditions ect...
Check it out and email your state rep. and let them know to get onboard.

My buddy called me today on this very legislation. Keep your finger's crossed.
replyreply
03-31-2018, (Subject: HOURS OF SERVICE BILL ) 
RE: HOURS OF SERVICE BILL
I am sending a letter to my senator and also suggested giving a driver back up to one and a half hours a day drive time, if a driver shuts down early due to parking, etc.
If you shut down thirty minutes early that's on you, but over an hour up to 1.5 to be used the next day, or carry forward until used in your 70.
Stopping the clock is good, but more is needed. Three times this week out, I shut down at least 3.0 hours total due to location I was at, then hoping the next hour plus I could find parking; nope just don't chance busting your 11.
One day of carrying forward some drive time would have put be back on schedule for the remaining week, and stopping clock Thursday during a snow storm on 80 outside Laramie.
Better yet give truckers a mile limit of 780, or 12.5 hours whichever comes frist. At 65 mph puts you at 780 on most interstate system with traffic, etc.
Running 73 yesterday on I-80 from Lexington, Ne to Lincoln, Ne, then back down to home in the panhandle only gained me 32 minutes due traffic and road construction. Fuel I burned wasn't worth it, and after unloading I had to leave my truck at the plant 60 miles away from my real bed. Luckily company I lease with keeps us a junker pick-up there for this. Yes I have PC function but try not to abuse it often.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.